Sunday, March 22, 2009

Update on Living with Two

Ahh, the house is asleep so I thought I would take the time to give you a quick Olive update.

Things are going remarkably well in the Romios household. It could have something to do with the fact that Taki is still on paternity leave (until next Monday - wahoo!) but I also think it has a lot to do with the fact that this is the second time we are going through this so we feel a little more confident.

So far Olive is a breeze (especially compared to Nikos when we brought him home!) She sleeps and eats really well, usually sleeping in 3-4 hour stretches throughout the day and night. I have been warned that we are still in the honeymoon period of the first two weeks and lots of sleeping, so we will see how things go as we move into week three on Thursday. She's done a great job breastfeeding and when Taki weighed her today (our neighbors lent us an infant scale) she was 7lbs 14oz. Not bad considering she isn't even two weeks old and we brought her home from the hospital at 6lbs 10oz! She can usually be calmed fairly quickly and doesn't spend that much crying at all. She did have one fussy period last night where she cried off and on for about an hour and we couldn't find anything to soothe her. Finally at the end of the hour I was trying to feed her again and she spit up what looked to me like it was an entire gallon of milk. Poor kid! Also poor mom since I had to strip down since she managed to get every piece of clothing I was wearing. Other than that she has been great. She loves to hang out in the pouch and spent several hours in it this weekend when we went various places, just snoozing away.

Nikos is also still doing really well with the new role of big brother. He likes to give her kisses and come see what OfOf is up to and we haven't seen any real signs of jealousy. Poor guy came down with some sort of stomach bug this weekend and has been cranky and not feeling well. He hasn't been eating that much all weekend - I know, big shocker, but a lot less than usual. Tonight while Taki was getting him ready for bed I heard him make a coughing/choking sound and I ran into his room just in time for him to throw up yogurt all over me. Yup. I had just thrown my cardigan in the wash since Olive had spit up all over the arm and then Nikos throws up all over my robe. (Hey, I'm not some white trash slacker chilling in my robe all day, it gets cold when you spend most of your time in a nursing tanktop!)

Here are a few pictures from Olive's First "Bath".

As you can see, she wasn't a fan of the body wash portion but once we got to her hair (with her warmly wrapped in a towel) she was as happy as can be.

No comments: