Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Uno Mas (Margarita Por Favor)

Just when you think being 39 weeks and six days pregnant can not get any more brutal...your husband works from home and you get inundated by CNBC. UGH. I mean, people really watch this stuff? And how many shows can you watch where they just scream over the top of each other? I never thought I would say that I would rather watch golf on tv but...I think I would. I mean, I was actually missing Fox News. I heart(ed) Tony Snow.

So, we missed out on the baby being born on Dr. Seuss' birthday yesterday (which probably is a good thing since I may have then been totally convinced that I should buy the Dr. Seuss set for her crib sheets - which would SO not match the current room decor.) Today we have the chance to have her born on Square Root Day, which would be cool since her great grandpop was also born on Square Root Day (5-5-25.) Of course, times a tickin' so it is not looking likely. March 4th anyone? At this rate Shauna Stecher is going to beat me...with full-term twins!

We've tried all of the old wives' tales to induce labor and have struck out so far. Any new ideas people? Feel free to comment if you think you have something brilliant that will help out. I have my doctor's appointment tomorrow and I think I am going for the stripping of the membranes. I know, sounds awful and I am sure will hurt like a b*tch (since I was a wimp just during the exam last week!) but I think I am going to go for it.

And really, I should stop complaining. Good things about still being pregnant:
  • Better chance for a healthy baby
  • More time to get things done around the house
  • Sleep while I can!
  • Not screwing up my maternity leave
  • Still eating like a little piggy
  • No need to suck in stomach
  • Still get offered a seat on bart
Alright, I guess I will sign off so that I can find out about the problems in the democratic party between Pelosi and Obama (WTF?!)

7 comments:

The Press Family said...

Well, I had a fab prime rib dinner the night I went into labor, 1.5 weeks early. So I vote red meat!
I cannot believe she's still cooking in there! With Nikos so early I NEVER would have thought you go 40 weeks! Wonder what this says about her personality?

Unknown said...

For me it was Olive Garden - minestrone soup and Chicken Parm - that finally got labor going after my water had been broken (terrible grammar there) for a half a day. And the mile I tried to walk that day!

Kelli said...

Stripping the membranes did nothing for me except hurt like a b**ch. I wish you better luck. (and sorry for scaring you if you read this before your appointment). Oh, and red meat is always a good idea no matter what the occasion.

Sarah said...

Red meat worked for me too! Mine was pot roast. Go.
Enjoy it! You may never be pregnant again. Well, at least with Taki as the father.

Linda said...

Raspberryleaf tea. Linda and Annette Go natural!

Sara said...

the Bloomin' Onion at Outback Steakhouse is supposed to work wonder! and you can get your red meat fix there, too :)

D'Angelo Family said...

My water broke right after Jack took 2 tylenol pm's. I don't recommend that.