Monday, March 2, 2009

Choo Choo

Nikos is very into trains right now. He was lining up books, trucks, etc. on the floor and pushing them in a row saying "choo choo." We decided we needed to spring for a train for the poor kid. While at the zoo we picked up cute little train cars that spelled out NIKOS. Each little car came with an animal that started with the letter. Of course, they were out of the engine but I figured we could always pick one up later (season pass and all.) After breaking the cars out of their packaging we realize the design flaw - the letters are only on one side of the train cars, and of course the magnets attaching the cars will only work in certain configurations. Thus, you can not spell NIKOS correctly. Ha. Luckily the quick fix is to just put the letters on the other side of the cars as well and then it will work. We just haven't gotten around to it yet. So please enjoy this video of Nikos and his INOSK train.



After playing with his new train he amused himself with the "Romios Baby #2" container that I had just emptied.
Lastly, I am updating this blog on Monday night, still very pregnant. Mel and I went to the movies today to see Slumdog Millionaire (believe the hype) and, as good as the movie was, I was routing for a water break. Oh well, what can you do. Taki is out for a few drinks with a college friend in town for the night (I warned him to stick to one or two in case I go into labor) so I am killing time filling out online surveys to try to become a Berkeley Millionaire. Or at least a Berkeley thousandaire. Two down for Home Depot, two down for Target and now I am doing the one for Chili's. Fun stuff.

2 comments:

Darcy said...

My water broke in a movie theater and it is not all it is cracked up to be! Though, it does make a good story! :)

Romios Family said...

Right now I will take an uncracked water story!