Sunday, March 8, 2009

So Home Schooling Is Out

Turns out there are certain things I should leave up to Taki to teach our children...like, the food pyramid perhaps. Yes, Vernie delightfully pointed out that not once, but twice, did I list a member of the pork family as red meat. Whoops. And yes, hypothetically I did tell Mel and Vernie that eggs were a member of the dairy food group. Hello, that IS where you find them in the grocery store! Too bad I can only blame the pork incident(s) on pregnancy brain.

At least I can instill the love of reading in the little buggers. And speaking of reading, Grandma was nice enough to come babysit today so we could get a few last-last minute things done at the house. Yes, my big projects for today involved changing the front door decorations from Valentine's Day to St. Patrick's (8 days late, I know!) and changing the display plates in our kitchen from the winter version to spring. Yes, I am so Martha Stewart. Oh back to reading...Taki and I just got back from watching The Reader. Huh. I can honestly say that if my water broke during the movie (I know Darce, not all it is cracked up to be) I really wasn't going to be too upset that we missed the end. Alas, made it through.

Until tomorrow...


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No baby yet? I know you are probably getting sick of that question. Well it's Monday now, no post for today, so maybe you're in labor? I can't wait to see your newest addition and hear your name choice!
I completely feel your pain, I went over with both kids...10 days with Alison. Going hiking to cut down a "real" Christmas tree did the trick for me.

Anonymous said...

OK same question - haven't seen a post today so wondering if today was the day?! hope so! :)

Nick, Jocelyn and Kevin said...

Hmm, it's now Tuesday and no post. Fingers crossed that you're holding your daughter right now!!!