Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Sleeping Conditions

I know Mel hates posts without pictures, so I threw this one in just to make her happy. It has nothing to do with the post but is from the other night when we accidentally left our camera at the D'Angelos and they decided to take some questionable pictures with it. You know, like we are still in college or something. Don't worry, the one I picked is blog-suitable, unlike the one of Jeff's black fingernail which still makes me want to vomit (you know, like I was in college or at least at Robin's bachelorette party or something.)

Olive slept through again last night AND I had a caramel frappuccino (I know, I am getting so fancy) during the day, so maybe I can break away from my self-imposed chai-only diet. We have been putting her down awake in her crib and turning the mobile on (aka Baby Crack according to Katie) and she has been falling asleep. Granted, we get her pretty drowsy first, but we are still happy with this step. And by get her pretty drowsy I mean bouncing her on the exercise ball or walking with her or something, when I reread that last sentence it sounded like I meant we were drugging her. Just wanted to clarify.

As for the other rugrat, he has been insisting that we put him to bed with books in his crib. Sometimes we give him books in the morning to see if he will amuse himself, and when it comes time to go to bed they are still in there. Well tonight, after he had been in bed for a good 45 minutes I went to check on both of them. Olive is knocked out in her crib and Nikos is still looking at the books, I assume using the sliver of moonlight coming through the crack in the curtains. Luckily when I laid him down in his crib he did so without protesting (well, he did protest me taking the books out, so he went to bed cuddling monkey and with three books by his feet.)

2 comments:

Darcy said...

Katie does the same thing with her books! We give them to her in the morning, forget to take them out, then when I put her down she INSISTS on keeping them. And by insists, I mean screams.

Nick, Jocelyn and Kevin said...

Nick will do the toy-in-the-crib thing too - books, Thomas trains, golf ball (huh?). Each night it's something different.