Monday, May 25, 2009

Chicago - Day 3 When Taki Abandons Us

Sunday morning we took advantage of the few hours that we had before Taki had to go to work by heading out on a walk. We ended up at the Ohio Street Beach where we let Nikos loose to run around and burn off some energy.

After we walked back from the beach Nikos, Olive and I dropped Taki off with his coworkers so that they could drive to French Lick (which apparently is a city in Indiana - and not a strip club, like I previously thought.) Of course, it was only after I shook his coworker's hand that Taki reminded me that he was the coworker of swine flu fame (as in had been diagnosed with it a few weeks ago.) Fab. Good thing he had been cleared for contact with others!

So for those keeping track, this would be the longest time I had spent alone with two kids - including overnight time since Taki was leaving at 1pm on Sunday and not coming back until 7pm Monday night. Yikes! Determined to keep the kids busy I just started walking a vaguely familiar route (from last year) and ended up at Millennium Park. Who knew?

On our walk
During this time of year Chicago is filled with sooo many beautiful tulips. They line the medians and are abundant in the neighborhoods. Awesome!
I told Nikos he should always make sure to take time to stop and smell the flowers.

This shot reminds me of Pigpen.

Here's a really cool piece of artwork in the Park. I am not sure the name of it, but it reminded me of that Tiffany's bean that Shana had in college.

On the way home I kept getting a lot of strangers giggling at Nikos so I had to stop and see what the fuss was - cutie.

The above pictures make it look like all fun and games on Sunday after Taki left, of course this is because the camera was the furthest thing from my mind during the pacifier MELTDOWN that occurred with Olive. Oh and when I was playing with Nikos and he tripped, fell and hit his head on the concrete, causing many tears and a nice lump on his forehead. Nice Heather.

Since we basically were keeping the kid on Pacific Time, Nikos went down for his nap around 3pm. Olive took a short nap in the bedroom with me and I caught this cute shot of the two of them after they woke up.

5 comments:

Vernie said...

Linus was the one who always had his blanket, Pigpen was the dirty one.

Bill and Cindy said...

I'm impressed that you have so many photos of you with Nikos & Olive during your walk! I'm glad you weren't shy about asking strangers to take your picture.

Romios Family said...

Darn it! I should have used something I was more familiar with...a book character! Well, I guess he was a combo of Linus and Pigpen!

Linda said...

The picture dragging the blanket is Taki 33 yrs ago everywhere we went and God forbid we lost track of it.

Sara said...

Welcome back! Kudos to you for braving city adventures with two little ones by yourself! :) Love your stroller!