Friday, May 1, 2009

Internet Killed the Productivity Star

Hat's off to my stay-at-home mom friends. Today is my first day home with both kids. I have had a few nights alone with them but this is the first full day. I woke up bright and early at 7 (Olive and I usually sleep until 9) so that I could hang out with Nikos in the morning after Taki went to work. I mean, not like I had a choice really I guess. Ha. I was a little bit nervous but thank goodness Gina and Sadie came over to take the edge off and we went on a little walk down to 4th Street for some coffee.

I'll post some pictures of Nikos and Sadie later.

Before Nikos' nap today (he usually goes down at 12:30 but today he went down around 12:45) we were talking about his friends. It is 1:15 right now and he is still up in his crib, chattering away.

Here are some excerpts:
"Sadie's bag." "Hi Reese. REEEESE." "Marco's hat." "Brooke? Brooke?" "Reese? REESE?" These of course came in between other exciting statements such as "truck, red truck", "green, not blue", "more berries please" and "Olive's crying."

Olive is not crying by the way, she is sleeping next to me in her bouncy chair.

Yes you read that correctly, one kid down for a nap and the other sleeping and I am on the internet. Horrible! I think our house was always clean growing up because my mom didn't have twitter, blogs, facebook and the internet in general. Of course, I guess she did have General Hospital...I better get to cleaning since I made the brilliant decision to host EBHH at our house tonight...so we will see how well that goes.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Nikos is such a liar. Except for the hat thing, that is Marco's hat.

Linda said...

That's my Maloney's shot glass! I don't "twitter"

Bill and Cindy said...

Yes, Heather . . . General Hospital! When you were an infant you were on a strict schedule which corresponded to GH as well as One Life to Live! At least those shows were only an hour and only Mon-Fri. I'd be in BIG trouble now with internet access!

The Roberts Family said...

Oh! Duh! THAT is why our house was so clean! Well, that makes me feel bettter as I live amid the mess. And I don't do Facebook! (You mean, my house could look even worse?!)