Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Two Months Olive!

We celebrated Olive's 2 months with a bang. First off Olive and I drove over to Lake Ross in Marin County with our neighbor, Guillaume. While Gui and Roxy (his dog) ran around the lake, Olive, Bosco and I walked about half way around and then relaxed in the sunshine and fabulous weather.

Here's a shot of Olive on our walk.

Back at home we settled on the deck (here's where the bang comes in) to watch the firemen across the street practice using he jaws of life and other various firemen accoutrements on a bunch of wrecked cars. It was pretty fun to watch and I can honestly say I hope that is as close as I ever get to the jaws.

In addition, I also felt pretty confident about the fact that if an axe-wielding crazy came at me while I was in my car and tried to chop through my roof I would be safe...at least the big buff fireman wasn't cutting through so I think that is a good sign.

After Taki got home from work we walked up to Shattuck, planning to grab a few slices of pizza at Cheeseboard until we were given the smackdown by the Restaurants-closed-on-Mondays rule. Booo! Have no fear, we rerouted to Gioia and had a few slices there. Here's Olive on the way up, she was really into looking around and catching all the action.

Lastly, I am going to close with some new monthly comparison shots of Olive and her Opa Taki bear. I got the idea from Meredith and her monthly shots of Tommy and Spiderman. Unfortunately I didn't remember to start this with month one - doh! - so we will just have to start with Month 2. And for the record, I didn't order this bear personalized, it is actually the Taki bear. He speaks Greek when you press his paw.

5 comments:

Darcy said...

Man, 2 months already? It goes by so fast! She is adorable!!

Unknown said...

The trick is getting her to make the same face as the Bear each time. Adorable!

gina said...

She is absolutely stunning! Love her coloring...her name fits her perfectly!

Linda said...

Lots of girls would kill for those eyes and eyebrows!

The Serrano Chili Pepper said...

Feliz cumpleaños a tí!
¡Feliz cumpleaños a tí!
¡Feliz cumpleaños a OLIVE!
¡Feliz cumpleaños a tí!