Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Chicago - The Final Days

Tuesday morning, (after we hit up Starbucks) I pondered where I should take the kids for the day. Feeling confident about my sense of direction I took off for Millennium Park...and ended up at Ohio Street Beach. Darn it! However, since the weather was awesome I figured it wasn't a total loss. We kept walking along the lake in order to get some exercise and to check out a beach I had seen farther down the path. On the way Nikos decided to liberate his Thomas the Train sippy cup - now a happy resident of Lake Michigan. Sorry environment.

Once we got to the beach I realized I was woefully unprepared for the 80+ degree weather considering I had no other clothes for poor Niko. Ahh, who needs clothes anyway.

He even made a friend, who luckily wasn't judgemental about his lack of swimgear.

And this is how we looked when we arrived back at the hotel for naptime - ahh, white trash much?
Wednesday we headed back to the zoo again. I'll save you all of the pictures and just post a few. All you really need to know is when we got up to the Ape Habitat Nikos said "rabbit, rabbit!" Yes, Nikos is wearing the same shirt as our other zoo visit...he's a little attached to it right now.

After Taki got home from work we went out to try another deep dish pizza place, this time it was Giordano's. Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

Olive and I had matching hair bows. Note that she is asleep while I am eating. Ha. Pay no mind to the crazy face.

Thursday I loaded the kids into the stroller and walked over to Wrigley Field (the concierge almost fell out of his chair when I told him I wanted to walk the four mile trip.) Once there Nikos picked out a Cubs hat and then we hopped on the Redline to meet Taki at work.

After the Method office visit we took the kids back to the fountains at Millennium Park and let Nikos loose - he had a blast!

We ended our trip with one last free happy hour. Ahhh.

Until next year!

1 comment:

kberry said...

Isn't Giordano's fantastic? It isn't as good but you can order one of their stuffed pizzas frozen and have it shipped to you.

You look great and both Olive and Nikos are adorable!