Thursday, May 7, 2009

Hooky

I decided that Nikos should play hooky from daycare (well actually, I switched his day off with Friday, his usual day off) and the three of us headed out to Antioch to go to KinderMusik class with Mel, Mason and Kira. We had such a great time. Nikos was totally into it and followed the directions really well, and Olive was wide awake, watching all of the kids and listening to the music. Sadly I forgot my camera so I had to capture all the fun with my phone.

I definitely should have talked to Melanie before I completed this post, so I could list all of the songs that we sang. Darn!

Hmm, this was the first song and we got to make music with these little blue square things.

Kira checking out Melanie's musical aptitude.

Nikos tries it out (and check out my new Olive-inspired hair color!)

The kids use their "walking feet" to go up and get a stuffed doggy for the next song, which was all about doggies.

Here the kids roll like the doggies in the song.

Next song involved these fun green instruments. It only took about two minutes for Nikos to start using it as a bat but he still did really well.

Mason
Olive is captivated by all of the action.

Here they are during Flight of the Bumblebee.

Did I mention the class was in the far East Bay? Hee hee.

Not that I am above it, I did have my name airbrushed on the back of my boyfriend's truck (behind the passenger seat) in high school. Yes, AIRBRUSHED people. Uh huh. I will have to dig up a photo of this for the blog.

After class we walked around the Contra Loma Reservoir (2.5 miles.) While Mel and I chatted up a storm, the kids passed out.

Love how Nikos decided to turn his hat around, you would think that would be more uncomfortable! He also looks like he is fake-sleeping (all my former roommates know what I am talking about.)

After our walk I took the kis over to my parents' house. Here Nikos and my Dad discuss possible improvements to the playhouse.

Grammy fake sleeps with Olive.

I wish I had a picture of Nikos after he was done playing with Pop-Pop. Thanks to a watering can (and Pop-Pop being in charge of the hose), Nikos ended the day sopping wet. Like any responsible Mom, I had brought a change of clothes...oh right, just for Olive. I mean, we aren't potty training him yet, so I don't need a complete change of clothes for Nikos! I did have an extra tshirt...let's just say we left my parents house with Nikos in a tshirt and a diaper. Classy. Since it was 82 degrees when we left Antioch, it wasn't a big deal. Of course, when I arrived in Berkeley it was 61 degrees and raining. Whoops.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Olive is growing up way too fast, can't believe she is two months already. Kayla was sitting on my lap while we were looking at the blog and said "that baby is so sweet!" I agree...she also told me she wanted to play with Nikos because he looks like he is fun. Hopefully they can finally play together when you are in LA next month.

Kelli said...

Is airbrushing your chicks name on your car the Antioch equivilant to getting a "Winona Forever" tattoo?