Sunday, May 10, 2009

Breakfast in Bed

Today we celebrated a fantastic Mother's Day. Taki and the kids are continuing the Kienzle Family tradition of breakfast in bed for Mother's Day. Of course, I threw a wrench into the plan by deciding to get up earlier than originally planned (9am instead of 10am - hee hee!) so we decided to move breakfast outside to the chaise to take advantage of the fabulous weather.

While Nikos is still too young to be much help to Taki with the food prep and cooking, he did help me eat EVERYTHING on my plate. As you know, this is a pretty big deal. Obviously he doesn't have any problem powering down pancakes (who does??) but he even ate a bunch of my bacon (which actually made me wistful for the time when I did not have to share my bacon with him) and some of each of the kinds of fruit (he has been giving some of the melons the cold shoulder lately.) Luckily I got to keep my bloody mary all to myself.

Not a great picture since a) we are half in the shade b) Olive is screaming her head off and c) I am rocking two day old hair and no makeup - but we were enjoying the moment! At least Nikos and I wear enjoying the moment, Olive actually seemed a little pissed.

Taki and the kids not only gave me a Mother's Day card but wrote a M-Day message on the chalkboard as well.

After breakfast we lounged around the house and then Taki's mom came over to join us for a late bbq lunch on the deck.

Sorry, apparently I didn't get the memo that I should do my hair and makeup today. At least I showered! Please enjoy these Mother's Day 2008 comparison pics of us in Chicago last year, when I actually attempted to do something with myself.

As part of my Mother's Day gift for this year, the whole family is headed back to Chicago again. (Wahoo - can you say another Mother's Day tradition?!) Taki has to work from the Chicago office and visit a few of their vendors so the kids and I are going along to turn it into our first family of four vacation. Can't wait!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Happy Mother's Day! Have a fabulous time in Chicago.