Saturday, February 28, 2009

Bloody Marys and Twisty Slides

Katie and Heather's Good Mom weekend mission continues. Earlier this week Katie suggested we hit up Studio Grow on Saturday morning - fabulous idea and walking distance from my house! Of course I wanted to add some food into the mix (shocking I know!) so I suggested we either go to Jimmy Bean's or T-Rex for breakfast before we hit Studio Grow. Katie and Jack opted for T-Rex so we met up a few minutes after 10am. Unfortunately, I hadn't done my research and when Katie and Jack arrived they found out that food wasn't served until 10:30am. Whoops. Good thing they have an awesome bar (they carry the entire Hangar One vodka line!) so we started with bloody mary's - sadly mine was vodka-free but it was spiiiiicy - of course, still no labor.

Katie and I were getting restless so the kids entertained us by trying on their dads' hats.

Of course, by the time we ended breakfast it was pretty much right before the kids bedtime. We decided to skip Studio Grow and just head over to the Dreamland Playground in Aquatic Park. Both Brooke and Nikos loved the big sliding board. Katie and I stationed ourselves at the bottom of the slide with Taki and Jack at the top. And while Katie and I were paying attention to our job of making sure to catch the kids (if needed) at the bottom, Taki and Jack were playing fast and loose at the top. Taki would send the kids down without telling us and one time Jack sent Nikos right behind Brooke which ended in a head bonking and some tears. Regardless, we all survived. Both Brooke and Nikos got a kick of watching their dads come down the slide right before we left. I should have gotten pics of that!

Whoops, guess I took the Nikos one to early. I didn't check it until I got home. Ha!

1 comment:

D'Angelo Family said...

Brooke only has a mild concussion. Don't worry Taki - she still loves you.