Friday, February 13, 2009

OMG...2 Weeks and 5 Days to Go Until Due Date

Yesterday I visited Taki's acupuncturist (I think he was quite overwhelmed about how much time I spent time talking during the appointment compared to Taki - ha!) to attempt to help turn Baby #2. I have to admit, I went in a little bit skeptical but ended the visit with faith. Here is my layman's description of what happened: he basically lit this thing that looked like a cigar on fire and placed it by the outer corner of my little toe. He told me that once I felt my toe get hot I would feel the baby start to move to which I thought...uh huh, sure buddy. But sure enough, once my little toe heated up she started doing a jig in there! Now, I don't think she has turned yet as I still feel what I think is her head at the top, but I am definitely hopeful for some progress. He gave me the "cigar" for Taki to do the procedure for me at home tonight and then I go back to see him again tomorrow. You are supposed to do this every day until you feel the baby move or go in to the doctor and the ultrasound tells you she has moved. So fingers crossed it will work!

I actually had him try a few needles on me as well, I was planning on holding out to have my sister-in-law be the first one to "stick" me but I couldn't pass it up since he charges by the visit and not by the procedure. In fact, Annette has wanted to acupunct (made up word) me in the past but seems like every time she comes up for a visit with needles I am pregnant. Shocking, I know. Anyway, he put a needle in my ear to help calm me, a needle in the top of my head to help the baby "hold on" until her due date and one in each leg to help my uterus relax during labor (sorry for the TMI.) I really enjoyed the visit overall. While I was there I asked him (for Taki's next visit) to stick needles in his points that are responsible for baseboards and accelerating housing renovations. I'll keep you posted on how that works.

I have a scheduled version procedure with the doctor at 10am next Thursday the 19th (Nicolas Villafana's 1st birthday!) and we are hoping that we will go in and find out that the baby has turned on her own. Taki and Mel will be in the room with me, and I have promised to buy breakfast if we don't have to do the version. Coincidentally, the Cheesecake Factory in Walnut Creek is supposed to open for business on the 19th...sweet! Either way, I need this place to be open before I give birth because that is where I have put in my meal request for my hospital meal from the Roberts Family! (Of course, if it isn't open Skipolini's Pizza is the fallback, so don't be worried that I will go starving!)

Other fun things happening in the house...Nikos is home with me today so I am getting hardly anything done. He just recently started getting into more kitchen drawers which is great fun since basically anything he takes out of and throws on the floor I need to wash due to the disgusting abundance of dog hair that seems to permanently reside on our floor. He is also OBSESSED with giving Bosco and Puddy treats, so much so that I am convinced that they have both gained weight and I have had to hide the treats on a higher shelf.

Jenn Martin will be proud that we have been listening to XM's Kids Place Live and I have been working on passing on my extreme talent of dancing off beat. Yes, I know, you think that this would be an easy thing to do but in reality, Jenn can't do it to save her life. I did tell Nikos that if he ever wanted to dance with rhythm than I would hook him up with Jenn for a lesson. Of course, I think I will have her save her patented CriDuc move for Baby Girl Romios. Speaking of...care to vote in the name poll in the left sidebar of this blog? There is no guarantee that one of these names will actually be used, but Sara Cecchin's facial hair poll inspired me to put it up there.

Alright that's it for today. Nikos just noticed me on the laptop and is now going to want to watch the video of himself and the frog (in the bathtub in Hawaii) about 50 times. Hopefully I will get to check something else off on The List during naptime!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Yesterday someone said to me "Heather's pregnant?!?!" Oops. I said, "Yes, uber-pregnant."

Romios Family said...

What? Who was this? funny.

Anonymous said...

So glad you tried the acupuncture. This may be a little TMI for the blog but I know a very good OB acupuncturist who says that the real way to get the baby to turn is to be on all fours while holding the moxa over that point by your toe. Just a word of caution though...doing any of these procedures could also send you into labor!!

Sara said...

Okay, "Sara Cecchin's facial hair poll" makes it seem like I was asking for votes on whether *I* should have a beard! ;)

I voted for Natalia! Fun poll! :)

Romios Family said...

Ha! I totally wanted to clarify my Sara Cecchin statement and point out the fact that the poll was about Tim, and not you. Ha! Making me giggle right now.