Monday, February 9, 2009

Countdown - 3 Weeks and 2 Days Until Due Date

Day One Maternity Leave Accomplishments
  • Spent Money - Bought ceiling fan and houseplants and a chai latte of course
  • Saved Money
    • Realized Home Dept overcharged me for both ceiling fan and light fixture kit for fan
    • Found 4 different Home Depot gift cards laying around the house totaling $109.48 ($4.58, $100.00, $3.82 and $1.08 respectively)
    • Used my Starbucks Gold membership to get 10% off my drink. Uh huh
  • Began re-acclimation with comfy seats at Starbucks
  • Test drove double stroller
  • Filled out Home Depot online survey commending Jamil West for reminding me to buy lightbulbs for my ceiling fan (and leading me to the aisle) and reprimanding the chain for overcharging me for two of my items (and making me walk back to check the cheaper price for one of them)
  • Debunked the myth that I can take a detour through Aquatic Park, thus skipping the freeway, for a short cut to my house. I hadn't figured on the dead end. Blast
  • Purchased second diaper holder for changing table to hold diapers for new baby.
  • Had slight panic attack in Babies R Us at thought of having second baby
  • Planned return trip to Home Depot with more information and details on things I need for my house (apparently describing what I need for the bathroom as "that stopper thing that you pull up the pole in the middle of the hot and cold knobs and it closes the sink" is not clear enough. At least, you need to know the dimensions and all that. What? Don't worry, I'll be watching like a hawk to make sure everything rings up correctly
  • Got brow wax and really, thank god. I am surprised you people have been able to stand me lately
  • Scheduled pedicure. Hospital toes, ladies!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Is that all? You'd better get to work!!

Bill and Cindy said...

Very entertaining post, Heather! I especially enjoyed the Starbucks references.