Friday, June 25, 2010

1st Haircut and Juicy Lucys

Last Saturday I decided enough was enough with poor Olive's scraggly hair and I made an appointment to get her hair cut at he cute little salon where Nikos gets his done. Since it was a nice day out and I need to start my training walks we decided to walk to the salon - which is in Rockridge, about 5 miles from our house.

We started out at 12:30pm (appointment is at 3:30.) We first walked up to Two Thomas Park and let the kids hang out and play. We then continued through downtown Berkeley, through the Cal campus and over to Rockridge. Not a bad walk at all!

Olive did really well, no crying and she sat fairly still, captivated by the Baby Einstein movie playing in the dvd. Here are some photos and a video.



And her little certificate!

Here's a link to Nikos 1st professional haircut (at just over 1 year.)

After we finished up our long walk back to our house we decided to celebrate my making something we had seen on Man vs. Food. Juicy Lucys! Two 1/4lb burger patties with a mountain of cheese inside them.

Form two burgers, add cheese on top of one, place other patty on top and seal together and VOILA.


Oodles of cheesy goodness. Really glad I celebrated my 1000 calorie burning walk with a 2000 burger. Genius. Obviously the weight is just melting off me.

2 comments:

Bill and Cindy said...

Can't wait to see Olive's haircut in person!

Brenda B. said...

haha - Dave made these too after watching that same episode. His didn't turn out as pretty. It came out in a big sloppy mess in my hands LOL

And Drew has yet to sit in a vehicle when we go to Cool Tops (which we have only done 2 or 3 times due to puking incidents). I'm always stuck holding him in my lap while he screams bloody murder the whole time.