Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Celebrating Three

The morning of his birthday party Nikos supervised the set up of his jumpy house.

Jumpy house pics (missing are pictures of Grandma and Papou in the jumpy house since the photographer didn't get such great shots.)

Here's pics of a few of the partygoers.

Reesey

Baby Jack

Ryan
Brookie
Pop-Pop joins the kids.

And we all fall down!

Action shots of Mason.

And now - the cake I slaved over!

About twenty minute after the cake debut I glanced over at the table to see Nikos and Mason still chowing down on cupcakes - luckily they were the mini ones!

I missed out on a pic of all the kids - boo Heather!

A few days later we headed over to Juan's for Niko's actual birthday.

This is what I got when I asked Niko and Marco to smile for the camera.

Check out Olive's cute hair! It was braided on both sides and then pinned up, kinda Sound of Music style. Obviously this is a daycare creation, I have NO idea how they can get her to sit still long enough to braid it (but I feel like I am going to have to keep taking her back to Miss Tina for the next few years for dance recitals and the like.)

And yes, that is the salsa that she has her hand in. I blame Jeff for this since he was sitting on the other side of her, closest to the salsa. Of course, she ate a bunch and was fine so I guess no harm, no foul.

And now, the video of us singing to Happy Birthday to Nikos. The reason I chose Juan's is that they dim the lights and turn the b-day music up really loud right before they come sing at your table. Fun! In the beginning Nikos is watching all of the waiters coming to gather around the table, from then on I think his open mouth is half shyness and half really wanting to blow out those candles!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Your "baseball" cake was fabulous!
The whole day was just great and the best part was that Nikos really knew it was his birthday. We had a good time!