Sunday, January 13, 2008

Good Morning Nikos...We're Glad You Came to Swim!

No dreadlocks in class - phew! Other than that is was pretty Berkeley, there were a few same sex couples, I was quite envious of them after swim class when I was trying to shower both Nikos and myself and then get us both changed out of our swim suits and into our street clothes. Oh to be in a lesbian couple. Anyway, I digress...

Class was fun. Sadly, Brooke had a fever so I had to go at it alone. There were about 15 kids in class (the class is for 6 - 18 months) and it looked like Nikos was the youngest, he was for sure the smallest. He did really well, no crying and just seemed to enjoy sucking on his hand the whole time. We sang a lot of songs (can't wait to see Taki trying to remember the verses to Wheels on the Bus next week) and just got the kids used to the water. I was bummed we didn't sing the song that I remember from swim class at the Y when I was growing up "This is the way the farmer rides..." - I'm not sure of the name of it. Maybe I'll suggest it next week. Here are a few pictures.

If I EVER want to cut my hair short (and I'm not talking Katie Holmes short here - because I may do that - I mean old-school Winona Ryder short) please show me this picture. Ick! But Nikos looks all cute , checking out the other kids splashing in the pool.


Here we are during Old MacDonald Has a Pool (I was the idiot that kept singing Farm, like seriously every time. IDIOT.) Note poor Dominic behind us, he was NOT a fan of swim class.

2 comments:

Darcy said...

So great! He is such a cutie. Katie has taken swim lessons too, they say to start early! What a relief that there were no dread locks!

Sarah said...

Niko is a pro. I'm surprised his massive surfer hair didn't clog the drain.