Friday, September 25, 2009

Run Bases

Thursday night we had the privilege of going to the Giants game and sitting in my CEO's seats - great seats in the Club Level section. To top it off, the tickets came with a parking pass - wahoo! Since I received the tickets last minute (around noon on Thursday) it was a little too late to book a babysitter so we decided to do the responsible parent thing and drag our toddler and infant to a game that would most likely end about 2 hours or so after their bedtime.

Since Nikos' Giants hat is too big for him, and Olive's lender from the Eggerts is too small, I convinced Taki to let us buy them Giants beanies. (And by convinced Taki I mean I whipped out my debit card and handed it to the guy before Taki could protest.)

Here's Nikos, debuting his new beanie (and then his beanie-head hair) while chowing down on some pizza.

Olive shows off her new beanie.

We actually bought a black beanie for her at the Giants Dugout mobile store in the parking lot (awesome - no lines!) but when I was waiting in line for food a Giants employee came up and exclaimed how cute she was and asked why I didn't get the pink one. When I explained that they didn't have the pink one in the parking lot store she said "Hang on" and ran and get the pink one for me and just swapped it for the black one. Fun! Hopefully our third kid will be a girl so that I won't kick myself for this decision. (At mention of third child, insert me getting struck by lightning here - courtesy of Taki.)
Nikos made it into the 4th inning without too much squriming, at which point I decided to take him over to the slide and kids area to burn off some steam (keeping in mind that we were 45 minutes past his bedtime and I wanted to stave off any tantrums.)
Posing on the way to the fun stuff. Note he is wearing his skeleton pjs for an easy transition when we got home. Also got lots of compliments on them. Who knew?
Waiting patiently for his turn to bat in the little mini kids ballpark.
At bat!
Sorry for the EXTREMELY annoying screaming mom in the back ground! Oh right, that is me.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

OMIGOD. The screaming video is hysterical. And Niko looks like such a little man here.

Jen said...

Nice hit Niko ~ the Giants could use him. Ha!