Sunday, September 13, 2009

Chugga Chugga

A few weeks ago Mel and I held a third garage sale (and by far the most successful) at her house. Have no fear, I wasted no time letting my profits burn a whole in my pocket...I promptly reinvested them in Craigslist by purchasing a (used) train table and train set for Nikos. Fun!

I suggested that we nail/glue down the train tracks and tunnels, bridges, etc. to keep them on the table but Taki didn't want to "stifle Niko's creativity." Hmm, can you guess what we are doing a lot of in this house?

Here's my slightly pathetic attempt at a train track (I know, kinda boring.) Hey, I was a Comm major.


I would include a photo of the pretty awesome one Taki built today with multiple loops, but Hurricane Nikos made landfall before I could grab the camera.

Olive looked appropriately adorable while she and Taki watched me build my "masterpiece."

7 comments:

Brenda B. said...

Drew loved the video - he kept saying choo choo train. Although is this a PG video?? Do I see a bra hanging off the crib?

Hap and Sue said...

Love the new photo at the top of your blog page!! How cute!!

Bill and Cindy said...

I can tell that this train set will keep Niko VERY busy! And I must say, although picking up all those pieces will get tiresome, I agree with Taki that attaching the tracks & accessories will inhibit Niko's (and your!) creativity.

I agree with Aunt Sue . . . I love the new photo at the top of your blog.

The Press Family said...

Look how much he loves that train set! So glad you got him one...where'd you get the motorized train?? NEED to get that for Zach. I used museum wax to hold some of the tracks down...Zach can still pick them up but it takes a bit more effort, so he doesn't destroy it as often...still happens, though. Oh, and you really need to break Taki of his paci habit. You don't want the other kids at work to make fun of him.

Linda said...

This grandma can't wait to play with the new train table. Move over Nikos it's Grandma's turn!

Beth said...

Love the 6 month pics of Olive and her new hair"do",-very cute.

Sarah said...

So close to getting through the video, eh? UHOHUHOHDERAILMENT!