Sunday, July 12, 2009

San Diego - Grand Finale

I am sitting poolside with a pina colada in Florida as I finally finish the San Diego updates of the blog. Olive is sleeping in the stroller next to me and I am feeling very appreciative for my summer of fun that will be ending next month. Anyway, more about Florida in those posts (hopefully to be up later this week!)

Back to San Diego!

The last morning of our trip we grabbed our free breakfast and then headed out to the courtyard next to the hotel for an impromptu baseball game. And by courtyard I basically mean a cobblestone alley, with the hotel and a few shops (Starbucks, liquor store, etc.) on one side and some fabulously expensive townhouses on the other side. As we started the game I was laughing, thinking that when these people bought their townhouses they probably never envisioned a broken window due to an errant baseball. Luckily, even though Mason was hitting, this did not happen. Phew. I was already thinking what bad parenting example I would display when the window shattered and I yelled "RUN!"

After ditching Vernie to watch his three kids on his own (Mel was at he conference) we headed over to Sea World.

Touch pool

Humu!

Big scary fish.


Nikos and his appropriate "I'm about to be eaten by a shark face" (aka "I'm about to throw such a huge tantrum you are going to pretend I am not your kid" face.)

Next up, feeding the sea lions. Last time we were there (in November) we fed the dolphins (which were closed this time) so we decided to feed the sea lions instead. Ironically, we could probably do the same thing at the wharf about 10 miles from our house, but this seemed easier.

Nikos wasn't sure how he felt about getting up close and personal.

Last on our agenda was the Shamu show. Nikos was pretty excited about the show and seemed to remember it from last time.

"Where'd he go?" This is the phrase (complete with perplexed expression and upturned hand) we heard every time Shamu was not visible, or about fifty eight times in twenty minutes. Fun.

Same show (minus the annoying question) - last November.

No comments: