Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Happy Birthday Maile!

On the 6th of this month the kids and I headed out to Antioch (actually Brentwood) to celebrate Maile's 6th birthday!

Since we were in the far east bay it was HOT. Good thing the Roberts planned Mai's bday party at a fabulous park that had some really cool water features. Here is Nikos enjoying/being pummeled by one of said features.

Soaked and waiting for the birthday girl to blow out candles.

Mel's awesome cake (and cupcakes to the left.)

Birthday girl!

Love this pic of Kira! If you look closely, you can see the ice cream dripping down the side of the bucket and onto the table. You would think they never feed this kid.

Speaking of Kira and eating, this week when we went out to meet at the Roberts' house before Kindermusik we cruised through the Starbucks drivethru (per usual) and I bought a piece of lemon pound cake (in addition to the chais for Mel and I.) When we were driving over to Mel's house and I was handing Nikos pieces of the cake he told me - direct quote here "bite for Kira. She likes to eat." HA! I asked him who else liked to eat and he said: Brookie, Marco...and Sarah. Of course, I think that he just added Sarah since he loooves her and wants to constantly talk about her.

Nikos partakes in his first ice cream cone (and brainfreeze.)

Kiwi.

Marisa and Sierra.

Sadie.

Sarah.

Braden (and Sierra.)

Miles.

Mackenize.

Pop-Pop keeps Nikos amused with a skateboard - which Nikos was obsessed with. He probably named it Sarah.

Pop-Pop chaperones Nikos while Kira chaperones Pop-Pop.

(Who else is thinking how CUTE this outfit will look on Olive? Hee hee!)

Speaking of...she was at the party too.

Happy Birthday Maile!!

6 comments:

Alina said...

perfect timing on the brain freeze pic!

Nick, Jocelyn and Kevin said...

OMG, the brain freeze pics are hiLARious!! Love it.

The Press Family said...

Great pics!!
I can't believe how BLONDE Maile is!! Mel must buy sunscreen in tubs for those kids!
I'd kill to have a park with water features like that...I ventured to one in Panorama City last summer and I decided I wouldn't be going back since I had no gang affiliations. I was the ONLY one who didn't, I'm sure of it. SCARY.

BTMS said...

lovin' the pics of my girls - thanks for posting :)

Amber Carter said...

Cute pictures! I'm stealing the ones of my kids too. :) Can you come to our next party to document through pictures? How do you do it while keeping up with a toddler and baby?

D'Angelo Family said...

Nikos is right - Brooke does like to eat. I can't believe you actually capture brain freeze.