Monday, July 13, 2009

Why Do We Live in Northern California?

After Taki left San Diego to fly home (and after a RIDICULOUS time at Fox Rent a Car -- beware unsafe car seats!) the kids and I were finally in a rental car and headed to LA. I thought it was nice of the two of them to take turns screaming all the way from San Diego to Gus and Jen's in Lakewood (about two hours.) Lovely.

Thanks to the rental car debacle, we arrived late so Nikos pretty much just slept from the car, to the transfer to their couch, to the transfer to the aerobed. I was happy to spend time chatting with J&G while all of our kids were sleeping.

Tuesday morning started with Kayla and Nikos preparing some food for Jen and I in the kitchen. I think Kayla delivered Jen pasta while Nikos gave me eggs and strawberries. Yum!

After our breakfast, Kayla and Nikos entertained us by hiding in the couch pillows.

Before we went to the park Kayla made sure to lavish Olive with kisses.

I think they look alike. So one's half Mexican and the other's half Greek - basically they are half hairy (and completely adorable.)

Here's a cute shot of Nicolas at the park.

After spending the afternoon with Jen and kids (and grubbing down some fabulous Island's food) I loaded everyone back into the car for the drive to the Spriggs house. Kelli volunteered to host a Nikos and Olive Meet & Greet at their house...since not many from LA have met the kids and so there was question to whether not they did actually exist. Luckily I was able to rent the same two kids that appear on the blog, so we kept up all appearances.

Greg chaperones Nikos and Maria on their first date. Maria is very take charge, coming to pick Nikos up at his house for the date. For his part, Nikos made sure to ring the doorbell before he entered and left his little house (my parents have the same one and he does the same ritual at their place.)

Kelli had Alejo's delivered (YUM!) and here is a shot of Maria, Isaac and Nikos enjoying the food at the kids table.

The parents of these three were thankful they did not make too much of a mess with their red sauce since Kelli and Ted were showing their house the next day. I am also thankful that no one took a picture of me guzzling the olive oil and garlic dip from Alejo's. It was not a pretty sight (and I was not a pretty smell on the plane the next morning - with my leftover dip!)

I grabbed this cute picture of Jayme and Olive. I was trying to convince her that Olive and I should join her when she visits Beck at the Cape later this summer...but I am sure she would rather have some romantic time with the hubby. :) Also, Taki would kill me. No really.

Here's the obligatory snap of all the kids. Isaac Berini, Connor Spriggs, Nikos, Camryn Spriggs, Olive and Maria Nadsady.

By age order they would be: Camryn, Connor, Nikos, Isaac, Maria and Olive. Funny how the boys are on one side and the girls on the other. Yes, Nikos is wearing his usual "I HATE group pictures" face and yes, Olive is in a doll's stroller. I think I took 20 pictures and Camryn is looking at the camera (and smiling!) in all but one. Kelli has that girl trained. Here is a cute outtake of what most of the rest looked like.

In the morning, after only a slight wine hangover, Kelli and I got out of the house so that the people looking to buy it could check it out. First we headed to breakfast, where Nikos enjoyed his bacon dipped in whipped cream (from his pancakes.) I must admit, I think he's onto something here.

Next on our list was a visit to LMU, where we walked around and reminisced and talked about how old we were and how much the campus had changed.

Shot down the main drag.

While Kelli and decide whether we could still pass for students, Nikos and Connor amuse themselves with a fire hydrant.

And our visit ends at Foley Pond. Yes, the same Foley Pond that Jaime and I jumped into (some with less clothes on than others) after our 5 year reunion, on a bet from Suzanne. And yes, Suzanne does still owe us $100.

A great time was had by all and Nikos and Olive agreed with me that we should move there.

4 comments:

Alina said...

yeah with the little hands full of RED sauce, I'm definitely glad that Kelli didn't let me move the kid table next to her WHITE curtains! :)

Kelli said...

I'm full of good ideas like that, Alina. And Heather, I heard Nikos say he wanted to live in LA, too. I just thought I'd pass that along.

gina said...

I agree too... I'll move there with you! Chuck and Taki can shack up and come visit us on the weekends! I was just down there for 10 days and I can't get enough of it!

Jen said...

It was fabulous to have you guys here and to finally meet those adorable kids. Now move down here already, enough with the northern california nonsense...