Sunday, July 19, 2009

M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E!

On Taki's birthday (July 9th) we boarded a plane for our trip to Florida and Disney World. Isn't that what every 34 year old male wants for their birthday - a six hour plane flight with a toddler and a newborn? Ha.

For those counting, this would be Olive's 4th round trip flight (not bad for not even being 4 months old yet!) I lost track of what flight number it is for Nikos but I do know it was his 9th state - I think that makes him even with Taki. 33 more and he will be even with me.

The flight went relatively smoothly. This is the second long flight that we have been on this summer where we bought Nikos his own seat. The first one we didn't bring his car seat, which was basically an exercise in harnessing Houdini in order to keep him in his seat. This time we brought along his carseat, which, although cumbersome, at least kept him in one place. Of course, as my friend Jocelyn warned me, it also decreased the proximity in between his feet and the seat in front of him, making it that much easier for him to kick the seat...but I digress.

We arrived in Orlando late Thursday night and drove out to the timeshare to meet up with my parents, who had settled in earlier that day. They had stayed at the timeshare a few years ago with Mel and family and we all agreed it was the perfect place for kids. We decided that the following day would be a pool day - wahoo!

Nikos was a little wary of the pirate ship and water features so he convinced Pop-Pop to explore with him.

Next up, talking Daddy into the waterslide.

Retired life is rough.

While Taki and my Dad went grocery shopping for food for the week, my mom and I (and the kids) stayed home and enjoyed a thunderstorm. Well, most of us enjoyed it, one of us liked it for awhile but then got a little freaked out. California boy.



Saturday morning we drove to the park. So excited I wanted to take our pic in front of the Transportation Station.

On the ferry on the way over to the Magic Kingdom on Saturday. I know you can't tell, but Taki is wildly excited.

In front of the MK landmarks.

We headed straight to Fantasyland and Nikos started his fun in Pooh's Playground.





I was so excited for the kids first character meeting. I remember getting so excited to meet them when I was little. Luckily, it went okay. Nikos wasn't over the moon about it, but he wasn't scared either.

Yes, that is my mom with Olive. Apparently Taki IS scared of the characters.

Olive is already exhausted.

What ended up being Nikos' favorite ride...Dumbo!

Feel free to make this one your screensaver.

Speedway.
Teacups.

Buzz Lightyear's Space Adventure.

And Buzz!
Olive waits patiently for the train.

Poor Nikos obviously was not having any fun.

First taste of a rootbeer float.

First Ears.

Waiting for monorail gold.

To be continued...

4 comments:

The Press Family said...

Love all the pics!
The pool at your timeshare looks amazing! Z would LOVE that place! I miss thunderstorms like that...I'm so glad you posted the video...poor Nikos, that WAS a big one, even your mom jumped!
Did Olive's hair go all curly or did you put product in it?
Cute, either way!

Romios Family said...

No product, just humidity! :)

The Roberts Family said...

"Can you say big one? Look. Look at the trees." Ha! Reminds me of the distraction technique (Nikos, I have RITZ!) And LOVE Mom's s-l-o-w-l-y narrated video. So different from her "storybook voice!"

The Roberts Family said...

These pics look very similar to the ones Mom took. She showed me hers yesterday. In the 1st Buzz Lightyear ride pic you posted, I asked M&D "Where's Niko? Did he ride with you guys?" (M&D) Dad said, "no he rode with Heather & Taki." So Mom & I were like studying the photo and I'm saying..."uhh, I don't think so, where is his body, I don't see him anywhere." LOL