Friday, April 3, 2009

You Are My Sunshine

Last Saturday Grammy and Pop-Pop came over to cook dinner for us before the left on their latest vacation, an 18-day cruise to South America. I know! Obviously they did not have their retirement money invested with Madoff.

Here's a picture of Pop-Pop and his doppleganger Nikos, and Grammy and Olive.

On Sunday we joined the Cecchins on their deck for some lovely sunshine, homemade pizza and delicious wine.

I had to include this shot just to show you how badly Nikos needs a haircut. Oh how you neglect your first child when you have a second.

Hmm, so I already mentioned the delicious wine, right? And need I remind you that since I have been pregnant since June of '08, a few glasses of wine have quite an effect? Anyway, that is probably the only lead-in you need for these photos.

Damn we were hot. And skinny. Notice I have my fake purple contacts in. Oh so fun. Some of us (Taki) were too skinny. At least he no longer looks anorexic.

Back to the present. Here are some shots of Taki and Jeff making authentic Greek sausage for our Greek Easter party in a few weeks. Sorry that I couldn't really get a good angle, I was also pretty grossed out by the whole process so I didn't want to spend so much time watching it.

Notice how I artfully arranged the shot so that Taki's head blocks Jeff's hairline, thus providing you no comparison with the previous Young Jeff and Young Taki shot. I am a nice friend.

Oh how easily monkey is tossed to the side when Nikos spots Marco's Caterpillar dump truck.

Hmm, somehow this turned into a white trash party. Here Nikos (sans pants) tips one to the homies.Water play turned out to be the best thing ever for these two.

Taking a break from play to rehydrate (the adults were doing the same thing off-camera.)

Cheers!Marco was out of ammo so Nikos shares some of his.

New game! Throw your empty water bottles off the deck and have Jeff retrieve them!

The adults enjoyed the party as well.

And some family picture outtakes.

And my chins wanted to make an appearance. Oh skinny purple-eyed 19-year old Heather, where fore art thou?

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I don't know, I'm looking pretty damn hot in these photos. Must be all the sun and wine.

gina said...

Classic old skool pics...I want to see MORE!!! Still can't get over how adorable and beautiful little Olive is...I wish I held her longer. I have first dibs on her at the alumni game...that is, if I have a moment to myself considering I'll be solo w/ both girls in the stands!!!

The Roberts Family said...

Maybe you should get purple contacts again! love, mrlanie

he he he