Wednesday, April 8, 2009

First Giants Game - 27 Days Old

Yesterday Olive and I met up with Taki in the city to go to Opening Day. It was very exciting for all of us, marking both Olive's first time in San Francisco and her first Giants game. Poor Nikos had to miss out, we debated taking him but since the game started during his nap time we thought it would be best to leave him in daycare. Don't worry, he wore his Giants jersey to daycare so he was representing there as well.

Chuck was able to get a bunch of tickets in the bleachers and it was fun to be with such a big group (the last time we went with a big crowd was to the Yankees game in NY last August.) Its always interesting to sit in the bleachers section, I think 75% of the crowd in that section buys the cheaper seats so they can spend the majority of their money on alcohol. Not that I am judging.

Sarah and I pose with Olive (in the sling) and Jeff, Tyke and Mark in the background.

I actually bought this sling for Nikos' first Giants game, in June of '07. I obviously needed to add some orange to whatever "slimming" black top I wore and this was the only orange option. Once Olive grows out of it I plan on auctioning it off to a Miami Dolphins fan...I mean, I feel fairly confident that the sling-makers will create an orange and black version by the time I have #3...hee hee.

Taki, Olive and I.
Since Olive slept through the whole game I didn't get any pictures of her out and about in her little outfit. She wore the same one that Nikos wore to his first game, with the addition of some pink "Go Giants" letters to girlie it up. Here are some shots of her in the outfit after we got home.

Here's a shot from June 23rd 2007 before the Giants/Yankees game. Nikos beat Olive to her first game by six days (he was 21 days old whereas she was 27.)

Ironically this game took place a day before my due date with him, when we were planning on attending Taki said he thought it would be cool if I went into labor AT the Giants/Yankees game.

5 comments:

The Roberts Family said...

Doesn't anybody WORK anymore?? :D

D'Angelo Family said...

Who thinks of things like finding an orange sling to support their favorite team? Is there a market for this that I am missing?

Romios Family said...

Ha! Next up - Giants fans with newborn girls that will be attending a Giants game this season. Very cute Gap orange jumper, customized for your teeniest Giants fan!

Sarah said...

Too bad blogger comments don't let you upload pics. I could be uploading Marco in all of these outfits too!

Nick, Jocelyn and Kevin said...

You don't even know how jealous I am that you were at Opening Day... so so so jealous...