Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Do Your Chairs Hang Low?

Wow, when you live in a small house you try to keep things under control. For instance, we have a large leather storage ottoman that we use as a giant toy box, nice in that it is easily accessible and it keeps the toys contained and out of sight. Well, you forget about all the infant accoutrements, you know, the ones our parents never had but that we think we couldn't live without! One of these great inventions is the bouncy chair, which, along with the travel swing (small house=travel version) and the activity mat migrated in from the garage in the past few weeks.

Turns out we have more than one child that is a fan of the bouncy chair. Of course, at only 22lbs I think he is barely over the weight limit. Hmm, maybe I should actually check that.

When Olive's in it the chair obviously does not ride so low. Oh and she doesn't use it as a way to showcase her flat abs. He must have learned that move from Taki, if I had a nickel for every time I saw him doing that while reclining on the chaise on our deck...

Here's a video of the action. You will notice that about halfway through (post elegant dismount) Nikos hears the fantastically annoying clicking sound that the little salamander (?) guy makes (I already had Fisher Price replace it once when he was little) and then once us to remove the offending piece. I knew that click drove more than just me crazy!



On a side note, last week when Olive and I were at Mel's house Melanie got her bouncy chair out of the garage for Olive and Kiwi was a huge fan. Apparently they left it out (their house is larger than five rooms!) and she loves to crawl onto it and lay down. I'll have to tell her to include a picture on the blog.

No comments: