Monday, April 13, 2009

Oh Great, Another SI Shirt to Add to the Collection

On Saturday we headed out to cold and windy Daly City (okay, the sun did come out for a little while there, but it sure made me happy that we live in the East Bay!) for Taki's SI Alumni baseball game. Our group in the stands has gone from girlfriends, to wives, to families with multiple children. Crazy! Although it may not have been the relaxing afternoon of years past, we still had a great time.

One of Taki's at-bats.

Nikos and Marco held hands for a little while when they were walking around - so cute! (And thanks to Barbara who snapped these pictures, I wasn't fast enough to grab my camera.)

I tried to get Jeff and Taki to hold hands later for a little comparison shot but they weren't going for it. Maybe next weekend at Greek Easter...

Here are the two of them last year at the game.

After the game the kids ran the bases.

We took a family picture (+ Makenzie Eggert) on the mound.

Hmm, perhaps Nikos will be a pitcher? We'll have to talk to Coach Beck about his form.

He even dirtied up his face a bit to look like a real ball player.

Usually we order cute shirts for the kids (and sometimes the moms) for the game but this time I decided to make them myself. (A combination of me being a slacker and not ordering them in time as well as trying to save money.) I took the picture of Taki and the Perfect Swing and had a digital file made, then I printed the picture out on fabric that you iron on to a shirt and added the kids' names. I know, I am very Sara(h) Cecchin. I didn't get a picture of Olive in her shirt but have no fear, I am sure she will wear it again. Here's one of Nikos debuting my design.

Instead of hitting up a local bar after the game we hit up the local Roundtable. Here's a picture of Nikos with his cup of ice (he is wearing the remnants of my beer that he dumped all over himself and me - somehow Olive stayed dry in her pouch.

After we got home Nikos wanted to join Olive on her playmat. He had fun pointing out all of the colors and different animals to her.


Next up he wanted to hold her. Please note that while my face is sunburned a lovely tomato color, I did remember to put sunblock on Nikos (Olive was in the asleep in the pouch the whole time.)

While he was "holding" Olive Nikos entertained her by pointing out all of her various body parts. Here we see "Of Of's feet."

No comments: