Friday, July 18, 2008

Say it Ain't So!

I am supposed to be cleaning the house in preparation for EBHH tonight but had to share the sad news. My Starbucks is closing! I know, it's horrible!! Why why why? I got the awful news via text from Mel at 6 something this morning. In shock and disbelief, not wanting it to be true, I drove up to grab a chai and to hopefully hear it was all a horrible rumor. 

I talked to my favorite baristo, the one I got to know last summer and he said "Maybe if you and your blonde friend were in here every day like you were last summer we wouldn't have to close." Ha, very funny. Nice that he didn't mention our alternating screaming kids on said visits. I asked if it was set in stone, is there anything we can do? I was willing to take drastic measures and wake up 15 minutes earlier every day (gasp) to drive up and pick up my chai at this Starbucks as opposed to the one in the City. Alas, nothing can be done. 

Not sure how I will break the news to Nikos. I mean, this is where so many of his little milestones have taken place! He's probably spent more time here than anywhere outside our house or daycare! I even got photographic evidence of his first tooth at the outside tables here.

I guess the good news is that when I am on my next maternity leave I will have to walk to the next closest Starbucks which is 2 miles away (4 miles RT) so I will get more exercise! Of course, the 2 mile Starbucks is right down the street from the closest Noahs...so it will really be a wash.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

oh no! Is mine closing? How do I find out?

Unknown said...

CHANGE IS A GOOD THING!!

Darcy said...

What is this world coming to when Starbucks are CLOSING? Is water still wet? Is gravity still working? Oh, the humanity. On a postive note, I LOVE your new layout!

Sarah said...

hehehe. Heather said "ain't."

Kelli said...

I'll tip my 40 for it. (and Pumpkin, of course. R.I.P.)

Anonymous said...

IT HAS BEEN A WEEK WITHOUT A BLOG UPDATE>>>> IS NIKOS IN COLLEGE YET???