Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

To celebrate my 32nd birthday (today) and Taki's 33rd birthday (a week from today) we continued the tradition (started last year) of dinner with our good friends at Pizzaiolo.

Last year we were one month into parenthood and were joined by Jeff, barely-pregnant Sarah and new mom Katie. Jack couldn't make it because he was home with Brooke who was already sleeping through the night at six weeks so they didn't want to mess up her schedule - understandably.

This year all six of us adults (+ 3 kids) made it out for a night of fun company, delicious pizza and great wine.

Here's a shot of Taki and I last year (we were too tired at the time to realize we should probably use this time to take a family photo...) and one following of the three of us (3.25 if you count my bizarro octopus arm) tonight.

My weird arm (above) reminds me of this New Years Eve picture from NYE 2002 and that weird Adams Family hand on Robin's arm. Ha. (I think only Sarah will find this funny.)

Back to the present...Sarah, Jeff and Nikos last year...and this year with Marco and cranky - despite Sarah's best efforts - Nikos.

A little table side flirtation.

We love pizza!

Ha, Sarah is making funny faces across the table to get Marco to smile. Of course, this just succeeded in distracting Jeff. (I claim the Marco smile as mine since he was staring at me.)

Here's a the group shot taken by the token stranger I dragged away from the bar to do it. Obviously she got me back with an unflattering shot. Piggy piggy.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy B-day Heather! Love the Adams family hand reference. Sadly, I think the hand looks big because it's resting on an amazingly skinny arm. Fast forward to the present...that hand would look like Niko's! Ah, the good old days....

Sarah said...

This post had so many tangents, I could barely keep up. And did we ever figure out whose hand that was?

Darcy said...

Happy Birthday! Love this post...past, present, great pics.

Sarah said...

And will Marco ever stop staring at Katie? Like Jack, he likes the blonds.

D'Angelo Family said...

My nose looks as long as your arm in the picture of Brooke and I. So there!