Saturday, July 5, 2008

Needles and Playdates

Saturday started out with a fun visit from Grandma and Annette. First we went out to breakfast at one of our favorite places, the Sunny Side Cafe in Albany. If you are in the area we highly recommend it! Nikos was a little eating machine, taking many bites of: french toast, scrambled eggs, mangos, bananas, strawberries, mushrooms, hashbrowns, spinach, toast and bacon. My kind of kid!

After a morning spent listening to Taki complain about his back and watching him hobble around like the Hunchback of Notre Dame, Annette decided to take things into her own (capable, certified) hands and acupunct him. Is this a word? Regardless, here are a few photos of the procedure. I wish I could have captured him squealing like a little girl - not because of the pain but due to the shocking (??) of the chi. (??) I don't know if I am getting this right but since I didn't experience it (nothing wrong with me unlike freak-hypochondriac-boy, complaints include supposed allergies to: generic drugs, candy coated drugs, alcohol, and Melanie's dog Summit.) I can only repeat what Taki said. And by said I mean whined in a high-pitched voice.

Ha, here is where he couldn't look at her knocking (okay, maybe knocking is a little harsh but she was definitely doing some sort of tap-tapping) the little needles into his hand. I don't blame him, I practically glue my eyes shut when I give blood. Of course, this needles were teeny so maybe he is just a sissy.

I think he was murmuring some sort of Native American prayer in this one - either that or he was placing a Greek curse on Annette. Let's just say the phrase did not end with Opa!

Ha, here's a video of him walking around with the needles in his hands and stretching his back - which trust me, we practically had to bribe him with Roundtable to do. He was petrified of moving his hands and wanted to make like a statue for 30 minutes. And yes, I know I am an idiot and keep filming in the wrong direction...cock your head to the left.



After torturing..err, healing Taki, Aunt Annette cuddled with Nikos. (And for the record, on our walk today Taki did say his back felt better.)

Saturday night we headed over to the D'Angelos for a little cocktails and bbq. Nikos and Brooke practice playing "together" in Brooke's sandbox.

Brooke chills on the chair while the adults cater to her every whim. Smart girl.

Nikos is more of a kickback kid, choosing to sit under the table as opposed to relaxing on a chair. Note: no Michelob Ultra was consumed during this photoshoot. At least none by the ladies or Nikos.

1 comment:

Bill and Cindy said...

What a GREAT photo of Nikos with his Aunt Annette!