Thursday, July 31, 2008

Finally - A New Post!

Alright, I have snapped out of my self-imposed blog strike. Clearly I had gotten too obsessed with posting every day, it was practically taking over my life. Of course, some of this had to due with pure laziness (but really, how much energy does it take to post something?) and some of it has to do with the fact that for some oddball reason my camera is keeping a bunch of my photos and videos hostage and refusing to download them to the Mac. 

Regardless, here's a quick look at what you have been missing. 

In college Sarah used to tell me that I would close my eyes when I would take a bite to eat. To which I say two things - 1. Why are you spending so much time looking at me while I eat Sarah? and 2. Look, Nikos may take after me with this one!) Disclaimer, I think he was really just blinking due to the flash - booo.

Oh, did I mention he is eating an Afghani food we picked up at the Farmer Market? Yes, we are very cultural here in Berkeley. Of course, as you will note from the following totally politically incorrect description, we are not too cultural. It's like the Afghani equivalent of two tortillas with spinach stuffed in the middle. Yum! Nikos was a big fan.

And to prove he is not a One-Hit-Wheels-on-the-Bus-Wonder he demonstrates How Big is Niko? while eating dinner.

Several days later (clearly I've lost all track of time), Sarah and I and the kids headed up to Sarah's grandparents' cabin for a little relaxation. (The boys met us later that night.) On the way up Sarah was nice and let us stop at Islands. I had been craving the cheddar fries (shocker) since the last time Taki and I went at Memorial Day. Despite the fact that my mom sent me the Top 20 Worst Foods in America email the night before and, guess what happened to maintain the proud position of Worst Food in America!?

Of course, you know me, I was not to be deterred. I mean Worst Food in America? This sounds like one of those urban legends. The next thing my mom is going to do is send me that email that says if a car drives behind me flashing its brights at me its because someone has crawled into my backseat and is about to put a gang hit on me. Either that or I need to forward this email and Bill Gates will give me a cut for everyone I forward it to. Nope, this is pure nonsense. Instead of checking first on Snopes (which, as it slowly comes to mind, my mom usually checks before forwarding any suspicious emails), I decided to head right to the source and check at Chilis.com. 

HA! This is sooo not the Outback version of the Worst Food in America. In fact, it is worser! Yes, worser, bare with me people. Chili's version has the distinction of having a serving size of TEN people at THREE HUNDRED AND TEN CALORIES PER SERVING. Ranch dressing not included. WHAT?? TEN SERVINGS? I am pretty sure Kelli and I have split a plate of these on our own. Yuck, seriously who could eat such a thing??

This is Nikos' reaction when I ordered them from the waitress, practically before we sat down. "Hi, Welcome to Chil..." "We'd like an order of the cheddar fries please."

Here is the fry carcass after lunch. The other nine people and I really enjoyed them. I mean really, with the amount Sarah and Nikos ate, I probably only had 2700 of the 3100 calories. 2800 tops.

Up at the cabin Nikos settles in for a graham cracker and milk. 

Out on the deck Nikos attention was captured by this blue jay (I know that isn't the proper name but Sarah will have to remind me what it is) that was greedily gobbling up the cashews we left him as bate (shh - don't tell Jeff!)

Here Nikos is "hugging" Marco (his hugs involve him placing his head on you) - very cute. Marco seemed to "get it."

Sorry Marco, had to include this one, despite the belly shirt you look so adorable!

And since my camera is clearly waiting for us to figure out what the correct ransom is...here is the last shot I have of the weekend. Nikos enjoying Marco's (which is actually Brooke's) travel swing. Look for a a cute video of this in the near (hopefully) future.

10 comments:

Sarah said...

Marco's shirt says "Born in the USA." The half top is a nod to the E Street Band. The 80s were a hard time.

Darcy said...

Hah, Katie's version of a hug is also to put her head on you. Must be a toddler thing!

Sarah said...

Stellar Jay.

Sarah said...

Chili's? "Bate?" Sorry I'm the only person commenting.

D'Angelo Family said...

I can't wait to see pictures and calorie counts for the rest of the trip!

Kelli said...

I don't know what you're talking about. I'd never eat such a thing. In fact Jaime and I went to Islands tonight and there was no cheese on our fries. Clearly, we are very health-conscious.

Kelli said...

Oh, and Connor kisses and hugs by sticking his forehead out. Good to know he's not the only one.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Taki said...

Why is Marco posing like George Costanza?

The Press Family said...

It's a wonder I don't weigh 3000 lbs, living "Chili's the way we do. Do you know they're getting rid of the Awesome Blossom?? Too much health awareness these days, I tell ya'!