Sunday, July 20, 2008

Carbs Are Your Friends

EBHH took place at our house on Friday night. I only got a few pics of the kids because Nikos decided to stick to his 7:30 bedtime (no complaints here!) Sadly, no pictures of the adults. I wish I could say it was because we were doing something scandalous that couldn't be caught on film, but alas, I just forgot.

Marco poses for the camera.

Brooke keeps a close eye on Marco while Nikos contemplates playing with his piggy bank coin or Bosco's flattened, dirty, stuffed duck that is missing all of his insides. Let's hope he makes the right choice here.

After a dinner of spaghetti Nikos kept squealing and pointing to the half loaf of sourdough on the counter. I tried to convince him that that the little pieces of bread that I had been dipping in spaghetti sauce all night and feeding to him were out of the very same loaf but he wasn't going for it so I just gave in and let him have it. I am sure there is a parenting lesson in this somewhere but I'm choosing to ignore it.


6 comments:

The Roberts Family said...

did he eat it the whole time without holding onto it?? So cute! Love the 4th (?) one down where he looks so proud like- "yep, I got my mom wrapped around my finger!"

Bill and Cindy said...

I agree with Mel's caption on that photo. The last 3 together in the series say it all!

Sarah said...

Very funny pics of Niko.

Linda said...

The little dickens! He is going to be mischievous like his Mom

Kelli said...

I smile like that when I have carbs, too. Then I want a nap.

Jen said...

Thanks Nikos, now I want to go eat a whole loaf of bread too.