Monday, March 24, 2008

Monica Bang

Well, we made it nine months, three weeks and one day before a stupid parenting decision caused an injury.

When I am home with Nikos on Mondays if I want to shower I can either stick Nikos in his bathtub at my feet while I take a shower or I can dry dock his little plastic tub outside of the shower and fill it with toys while I lather up. (I guess I could also shower before he gets up in the morning but I always think 'if he's sleeping until 8:30 - I am too!) Anyway, this morning I line his bathtub with a towel to make it all comfy, add a dash of toys and 16lbs -rough estimate - of Niko. I pop into the shower and take my time while I hear him deciding which toys will have to walk the plank (usually the walrus and the crab are the first to swim with the fishes). Apparently this morning he accidently tossed Nemo - a fan favorite - overboard. What follows is my re-creation of the crime scene.

Heather (in shower) - thinking to self "Should I use my curly shampoo or go straight today? Where is all my conditioner? Is Taki that concerned about sun damage to his locks that he chooses to use my Kerastase Apres Soleil instead of his trusty Dove Moisturizing?"
Nikos (in dry tub outside shower) - thinking to self "Out you go Walrus! Hey Crabby, say hello to my little friend. Oh no, Crabby had Nemo in his claws! I better throw all of my weight onto the side of this plastic $7.99 IKEA bathtub to save Nemo!"

SMACK. Yes, poor little Nikos landed face first on the tile floor. Luckily as soon as I scooped him up he stopped crying. Of course, I still felt horrible.

Here's a shot of the little bump (middle of the forehead with the scratch).


Still smiling - what a champ!

6 comments:

Darcy said...

This made me laugh out loud, even though I know Nikos getting injured is not funny. But the way you tell it is hilarious! And since I know he is fine, I feel it is ok to laugh. Do you have an exersaucer? That is what I always put Katie in while I shower, but she will soon be too big for it and is now mobile, so I don't know what I will do in the near future! Anyhow, I am glad Nikos is fine.

Sarah said...

Social services is en route.

The Roberts Family said...

great play by play! :)

Kelli said...

Monica bang- HA! I was laughing out loud just from that. And, we've made those parenting decisions that led to falling off the bed, out of the stroller because the straps weren't all the way done, etc.

Brenda B. said...

Haha, the reenactment from Nikos was hilarious! The thoughts, not actually falling over that is....

Linda said...

This grandma is glad that it happened under your watch and not hers at least this first "bump" anyway! Don't feel bad, there will be many more to come. Poor baby!