Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Rudolph...It's What's for Dinner

We continued our East Bay Christmas celebrations with a visit with Katie, Jack and Brooke a few days after the actual holiday.

Brooke was very excited to show off her new toys - here she and Nikos are trying to come up with a creative name for their new band.

Brooke shows off her "cheese" camera face.

Nikos shows off some fancy footwork - or maybe he thought Santa brought him his Uggs for Christmas? Who knows.

I'd like to tell you that this is how the kids looked while Katie and I were performing an elaborate puppet show. Of course, it could be more accurately be labeled "How the Kids Looked While They Watched Backyardigans and We Drank Wine ." Details. And I only had one glass, judgers.

Brooke lets Nikos take the controls of her train set. This is such a great gift that Brooke received from Nono last year (note the fab pink car) and I have since been very excited to learn that we will inherit Taki's old train set for next year. Wahoo! Now we just need a bigger house.

Flashback to the train set in 2007...

Joan and John gave Brooke this awesome kitchen for Christmas (again, something I covet for next year but that DEFINITELY requires a bigger house.) Nikos and Brooke had a blast making us fake dinner. Brooke was in charge of chicken and pasta (which she actually coherently told us would be on the menu)...from what I could gather from Nikos' babbles he was making us chiz and Rudolph, with either a dash of Shamu or Shoes. I think I'll opt for Brooke's dish.

Here's a cute video of the two cooks in the kitchen. Sorry about Katie in the background giving the annoying commentary...I mean, I know you may think that is my voice but I am going to blame Katie anyway. For the record, I didn't know that Taki was filming. Sadly, I have ruined several other Christmas videos this year the same way - to the point where they are rendered un-postable - maybe Taki and I need to work on a code word that lets me know whatever I am saying is being recorded. Too bad Blue Grapes is already taken.


Hee hee. Of course, when I watch that video again I realize I am not the only dork talking in the background. Notice how Taki doesn't tell any of the rest of us he is filming? Sly. And I love how Jack says that he's going to bring Taki with him to pick up the pizza because "he wants to see the new place." Yeah, I am sure he had no other reason for wanting to ditch Katie and I with two toddlers.

And just for fun, we'll end it with two shots of the kids from last year.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Camryn got that same kitchen from my mom for Christmas to leave at her house and now Camryn hates our ghetto one at our house because it's about 1/2 as big and fun.