Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving

For Thanksgiving we drove NINE hours down to San Diego to celebrate with Taki's family at his sister Annette's house. The drive down was brutal to say the least. We left at 8pm and arrived at 5am. Nikos was a champ and slept the entire way. I, on the other hand, was FREAKING OUT because it poured rain for 3/4 of the trip and we were basically sharing the road with a bazillion semis. Oh wait, did I mention our front tires were basically bald? Yes, the grapevine was a real thrillride. I think my armrest is now more ergonomically correct because it contains an imprint of my hand and all of my knuckles.

Taki's mom drove down with us and we met up with Taki's brother Mike and his wife Christina at Annette and Jeff's house. Unfortunately, Taki's dad had to work so couldn't make the trip, but it was great to be surrounded by so much family on the holiday. It was also different since we usually spend Thanksgiving with the Kienzle side of the family. It was decidedly less crazy, which may have been a welcome relief for Taki - ha!

I was a horrible picture taker and only got these few shots of the little turkey, I'll try to add more as the other albums are shared with me!

What do you mean we EAT turkey today? Maybe I should change...

2 comments:

D'Angelo Family said...

Why am I not surprised that Nikos has a turkey outfit.

Bill and Cindy said...

Niko is the cutest little turkey I ever saw!