Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Cheers - Welcome Home!

Saturday night Nikos and I drove out to SFO to welcome my parents home from their latest extended vacation - a Trans-Atlantic cruise that began in Venice, Italy and ended in Manaus, Brazil. -- I know, rough life they have - for those loyal readers you'll remember that it was only l4 months ago that Nikos and I were picking them up from their 2 month trip to Australia!

Anyway, we sat outside of the viewpoint/glass wall at SFO and when Nikos saw them walking towards him he started squealing and banging on the wall. Very cute.

Here we are waiting for their luggage.


After a slightly later than normal bedtime (due to aforementioned airport pickup) Nikos, Taki and I headed off to Habitot. Gotta love free indoor activities on a cold and rainy weekend!

Here's Nikos at Mission Control again. This exhibit will be leaving this month so we spent a lot of time there, pressing all the buttons and fielding calls from the Shuttle. Amazingly, Nikos answered a lot of calls from the Shuttle that he then transferred to Taki and I - I was cringing slightly thinking about all of the cold germs on the handset!


And I know you are probably sick of the painting pictures, I just think he is so cute when he is painting. So serious! Still trying to figure out where we can set something like this up at our house...or better yet at the D'Angelo's or the Cecchin's houses since they have downstairs playrooms.


Sunday afternoon we enjoyed a quick visit from the Cecchins where Nikos and Marco worked on their form Cheers-ing their sippy cups. This, of course, caused a conversation between Jeff and Tyke on who would Cheers more in their lifetime, Nikos and Marco or Jeff and Taki.

Mom and Dad - note Nikos' Heavenly Resort wear. I was laughing and telling Taki that he was so spoiled since that is probably the first place he will ski (note I say ski and not snowboard!) I mean, it's no Greek Peak but not all kids can be so lucky...

1 comment:

Bill and Cindy said...

You and Niko have earned the title of Official Greeters while Melanie and kids are the Bon Voyage Committee!
Yes, Niko is a lucky boy to begin his skiing experience at a resort such as Heavenly . . . maybe next year?