Sunday, October 5, 2008

Weekend Update by Heather Romios

#2s

What is the appropriate age separation for your kids? Basically, how far apart should I have spaced my children in order for friends/co-workers/strangers to NOT comment You're pregnant AGAIN? I know I have brought this up before, but I honestly hear it all the time. Reunions, the breakroom, Starbucks...the same question. It's not like Nikos is still in 0-3 month clothes (well, besides socks, ha!) or I am still on my first maternity leave, THEY WILL BE 21 MONTHS APART. Anyway, it just amazes me how often I hear it.

And...on to another lovely subject. Nikos is obsessed with closing and opening doors. Since our bathroom is directly across from the front door, if he is playing in the bathroom while it is...uh, in use...I will just close the door and have him sit on the floor and play with his bath toys. Yeah, well, somehow he caught me pre-flush and tossed in my fancy shampoo bottle to swim with the uh...fishes. Oh yes, after some creative language on my part (so that his 5th word -- after Dadda, Momma, yay and sock -- isn't a cuss word) I asked Taki his advice on how to disinfect the bottle. His suggestion - toss it. Great. Did I mention this was Kerastase shampoo? I was going to point out that fact to Taki but I thought it would just open another can of worms (similar to the You want to pay WHAT for his Halloween costume can that was opened earlier this morning)...

7 comments:

Alina said...

21 months is totally fine! It's practically 2 years apart and think about how many people you know that are 2 years apart from their siblings - normal :)
...and that sucks about your shampoo!

Linda said...

I would have donned rubber gloves and fished it out and thrown it into a vat of mulled wine er alcohol to kill all the germs and tried not to think about it whenever I shampooed. Who are you "Seinfeld"?

Sarah said...

ALINA'S PREGNANT ALERT ALINA'S PREGNANT ALERT

The Roberts Family said...

Um, nice how you forgot to mention you were talking to (lucky)me on the phone while the whole bottle-tossing event happened. SO thats why your voice sounded all echo-y!! :)

Alina said...

SO NOT PREGNANT!!! NOOOOOOO!!!
(sure am glad I checked these comments!!)

Romios Family said...

Dude, two seconds away from giving Alina a congrats shout out on her blog! Damn.

Brenda B. said...

Drew's totally into opening and closing the doors too - especially in the bathroom. Fortunately not lifting the toilet lid yet - and EXTRA fortunate not to find myself pulling "treasures" out of the toilet!