Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Lake Tahoe or Bust

Last weekend we headed up to Tahoe for a few days to get away. My parents generously offered us their timeshare for the weekend and of course we gladly accepted. The whole weekend was a lot of fun, great weather during the day and it really cooled down at night which was fun. Nikos was fabulous - the first night he slept from 7:30pm-9:00am. Love it!

One of the great things about timeshares is that they supply high chairs and pak-n-plays so it makes it a lot easier to travel! Nikos enjoys Friday night dinner in a big cushy high chair with wheels - he loved being belly up to the kitchen bar, watching me cook dinner.

On our evening stroll before dinner we stopped by one of the chocolate shops and bought a few tasty treats for dessert. Truffles for Taki, a chocolate drizzled caramel apple for me and a Frankenstein marshmallow for Nikos.

Bizarrely, Niko was not a fan of the marshmallow pop, he seemed to just want to bang it against the granite countertops. Luckily I took one for the team and gobbled it up before I finished my caramel apple.

Before bed Nikos enjoys some milk - please note that Taki and Niko are both rocking their Halloween sleepwear. Admittedly, Taki rocks his all year long but Nikos stays loyal to the season.

Saturday morning Nikos spent some time quality time with the mirror. Ahh, just like his father.

Saturday morning Nikos shows off his latest purchase, sunglasses that fit. He wore them all around the store and for a few minutes outside but then promptly tossed them on the ground. Doh!

Checking out the fountain.

After our walk we decided to hit up the pool. This pool was the first one Nikos had ever been in (last November when we celebrated Thanksgiving in Tahoe.)

Nikos poses in one of Grammy and Pop-Pop's favorite spots - the secret hallway chairs with the great view!

Taki and Nikos get ready to brave the water that is definitely not the 98 degree water of swim class.

Huh, I sure look skinny when 3/4 of me is under water. Wahoo!

Family picture in the pool...followed by a comparison shot from last November.

After Nikos got up from his long nap (Taki and I spent the downtime playing Risk. And by playing Risk I mean Taki teaching me the game and then me basically taking over the world. Uh huh.) we headed down to the Lake.

Taki 's latest entry into the amateur photo contest.

Niko's latest obsession - climbing up and down any stairs. Poor kid must be miserable that we live in a one story house.

After we got back Nikos made some bear friends. He stuck his hand in the big one's mouth and said "Raaar" and then he gave the cub a hug (which I missed in the shot - darn!)

Did I mention it dropped into the 30s at night? Brrr! We enjoyed the outdoor campfire at Heavenly Village - a few steps from our timeshare.

Sunday morning we enjoyed a leisurely walk over to Starbucks , followed by a visit to the little museum in the Village.

Nikos had a blast building the block towers and then knocking them down again.

Knocking down small buildings is apparently tiring, after we got back to the room Nikos grabbed his blanket and laid down to cheer against the Cowboys.

After Grammy and Pop-Pop arrived we visited for a little while and then Nikos posed for a picture with them (last November's photo below.)

Last, but certainly not least, we stopped for lunch on the way home at Islands. Here's a shot of Nikos waiting for Kelli to show up with his lion costume. Apparently we got our signals mixed and I was at the wrong Islands - Marina del Rey not Folsom. Blast!


3 comments:

Sarah said...

Watched you cooking, eh? Even Niko knows that's pizza delivery.

Romios Family said...

That would be gourmet boboli thank you very much.

Anonymous said...

amateur photo???? No way.. I only wish I could take a photo as well as Taki....

I would rate Taki's photo in the professional category... I would like to place an order for one to go above my fireplace!!

AA..