Friday, October 17, 2008

Catching Up

Oh what a week. After 3+ weeks of being miserable with a cold I was diagnosed with bronchitis. To make matters worse, last night I started coughing up blood so the Advice Nurse suggested I head into the ER. Luckily one of our neighbors came over to watch Nikos (who was sleeping) and Taki and I headed over to Kaiser. Of course, after two and a half hours in the ER the doctor tells me, get this "The most common reason that people cough up blood is bronchitis." WHAT? Could the Advice Nurse not have told me this on the phone after I told her I had been diagnosed with bronchitis?? It would have saved me the $100 copay! On the plus side they hooked me up with an inhaler and different antibiotics, so I have been coughing a little bit less and my coworkers don't seem quite as determined to smother me with copy paper.

Here's what you missed in the last week while I've been struggling to breathe.

On Monday Nikos' regular daycare was closed for Columbus Day so we headed into the city to backup daycare. My company benefits allow us to use a backup daycare for 20 days a year, free of charge. Monday was our first time trying out the daycare.

Nikos is very serious on the bart ride into the city in the morning. I think he is trying to figure out why the heck he is with mom and dad on the train and not with his friends at daycare.

On the way out of bart, ready to walk to daycare.

Check it out - his name is on the lower right of the Welcome sign in front of his classroom. Fancy!

The daycare center itself was sooooooo nice. We got a full written report of everything that happened throughout the day along with a card for this first visit complete with pictures of him. It was also great to have him so close to us in the city. I ended up going taking him on Friday as well (since I went to work on my regular day off.) Yes, I could get used to this. Of course, I would have a harder time getting used to writing a check for $1800 every month for daycare. Ahh!

Tonight Nikos and I missed the first instance of EBHH in the City. Darn! I figured the whole coughing-blood thing might be a bit of a downer. Instead we enjoyed a quiet night at home and while Nikos was finishing up his dinner I caught another Lewis glimpse in Niko. This time it was specifically Beth Anne.

Channeling Beth Anne, meticulously picking the butter off the toast.

3 comments:

Sara said...

The daycare looks awesome!! Too bad it's so pricey! Nikos would be an adorable commuter :)

Alina said...

$100 co-pay??! wha???
Hope you feel better :)

Kelli said...

I demand more pictures of the Robert's kids as Toy Story characters. Oh, and Nikos, too.