Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I Hope You Have 20 Minutes to Kill...

We returned from Aruba Sunday morning around 12am and I'm fighting the serious post-vacation blues. I am having a hard time contemplating the fact that I am a) not floating around in a lazy river b) not dealing with my biggest worry being that my swimsuit isn't dry from the day before or c) not lathering myself (or a one year old) in sunscreen. Booooooo. I keep telling Taki the end of this vacation would have been much easier to deal with if we lived in Southern California and could actually visit another beach soon but he doesn't seem to be convinced.

I'll try to keep this post as short as possible with 400 pics to choose from.

Number of sunhats I brought for Nikos - seven.

And one of Pop-Pops'...

Number of times we took pictures of our drinks - nine.

Number of artsy shots Taki and I took in our endless amateur photography competition - six.

Nikos spends a little quality time with some tropical friends.

Obligatory Nikos-Passed-Out-On-The-Plane shot.

Gratuitous vacation shots.

Work it fishy...own it.

Checking his passport in the Houston Airport...

Shout out for the Felton family.

Why Nikos and I can never move to the East Coast (hint - humidity hair.)

Whose profile does he have? We will demonstrate the Lewis gene (we must be rubbing off on Taki) to assist your decision...

Why you shouldn't wear pink if you are sunburnt (and no I'm not pregnant, despite the fact that the b*tch at Gap last week asked me if I was looking for a maternity swimsuit.)

And we'll close the post with the photos that Taki says will make Niko's future wife "think you're crazy." To which I say "Um...crazy adorable."

(Yes, I did a forced the poor kid to go through a costume change mid-photo shoot.)

9 comments:

Sarah said...

Loving loving all these photos and so jealous we weren't there! I STILL maintain that Niko looks just like his MOMMA. Is it just me or is Taki getting Greeker? Like more hairy or darker or something?

Darcy said...

I loved these photos as well, great post, looks like an amazing time. I second the assertion that Niko looks like Heather, with some Greek flare.

Anonymous said...

GREAT pictures of the Straws in the Drinks!!

Woods Family said...

OK I am LAUGHING OUT LOUD!! I first started quietly giggling witht he "how many shots" parts of the post - then I did an "ahhh" with the amazing Adirondack chair photo (framer), the I laughed out loud with the "humidity hair comment because I CAN SOO relate!! But it wasn't until the end I let out a HUGE cackle (sp?) with the comment about the girl at the gap!! Oh you are HYSTERICAL! Amazing photos - how was it going so far with a baby?? AND a foreign country? Easy? Hard?

Romios Family said...

This just in "cough cough" from the straws.

Sara said...

Looks like an amazing time!! so jealous! You definitely need to frame that beach chair photo!

All I can think of when looking at Nikos' bare bottom on the beach is trying to wipe sand off the diaper area could not have been fun ;) But you got adorable photos!

Jen said...

The pictures are so great. Who can resist a baby's little naked butt? As for your photography sessions, stick with your day jobs!

Kelli said...

The pictures are great, but I just can't get over the 7 hats. I can't get either of my kids to wear 1. I'm a terrible mother. Camryn's going to have wrinkles by the time she's 4.

Unknown said...

I think the "up shorts" photo is questionable... but the rest of it looks like a great time! The suit looks great!