Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Wacky Wednesday

Story of the Week
(Since a few of you asked for background)

A few weeks ago I was on a mission to find a swimsuit for Aruba and Vegas this coming weekend. Now, although I am not entirely living it up in a post-Nikos body I can say fairly confidently that I don't look to be in a part of any* trimester -- at least not the second and third ones where you usually score the comments!

Location - Gap store, Embarcadero Center, San Francisco
Time - lunchtime
Wardrobe - I am wearing jeans, flats and a fitted t-shirt

Me: Hi, do you guys carry swimsuits in this location?
B*tchy Salesgirl...wait, at this point she was just a Regular Salesgirl: Maternity?
Me: Excuse me? (in my head I must have misunderstood her)
Possibly B*tchy Salesgirl: Maternity?
Me: (Repeating the word swimsuit in my head over and over again and trying to figure out if in any way it could have been misconstrued for me saying MATERNITY. Deciding to give the saleswench one more chance...) Excuse me???
Idiot Salesgirl That Needs to Get Fired: (Realizing monumental blunder) Uhhh, uhhh, Gap Body is upstairs and we are having a huge sale, upstairs, Gap Body. You should check it out.

Needless to say I did not go look at any of their stupid Gap Body collection. I went back to work to plan the Salewh*re's untimely demise.

* Alright, alright, maybe the first trimester when I am not sucking it in. But what IDIOT in their right mind asks about a pregnancy when you are not like 9 months along? ARGH.

7 comments:

Darcy said...

LOL! I read this out loud to my co-workers, hilarious! I mean, not hilarious that she asked if you needed maternity, obviously that sales girl is an IDIOT, but a hilarious telling of the story.

Sarah said...

Before or after lunch?

Jeff said...

before lunch but after Cinnabon

Romios Family said...

Technically it was Auntie Annies.

The Roberts Family said...

teeheee!! Jeff read my mind!!! HA! :)

Kelli said...

I hate people. They're the worst.

Unknown said...

god awful! I bought my trial swimsuit online. Haven't given it the trial yet... (shudder)