Monday, June 2, 2008

Happy Birthday Little Nicky!

Happy Birthday Nikos! On Birthday Eve Nikos models his new fun chair...good thing he doesn't mind sharing.

On the morning of Nikos' birthday we headed out to the steam trains. Luckily, Nikos lived up to his Mr. Cheerful shirt.

We got the kids (and a select few adult minders) together in front of the engine for a picture. Unfortunately you can't see the engine - ha! Isn't this the point of digital cameras? Oh well. In order from left to right - Jeff, Marco, Taki, Nikos, Maile, Mason, Kira and Melanie.

In case you are wondering what I was doing until 3 in the morning...this is it.

During the birthday song Nikos broke into spontaneous applause for himself - so cute! For a fun video of the action check out the Cecchin blog.

I cheated by not lighting the candle (who knows how flammable his hair product is!) but I did slip it in for a picture. Please enjoy the cupcake tasting. He really wasn't too into the actual tasting...more into just playing with it.

Please refrain from making any Hitler comments here. I learned my lesson when I got caught on video...
Truthfully, this is how everyone should end their birthday party - half naked, covered in chocolate cupcake and ready to take a bath in the sink. In fact, this may or may not be how Grochol ended his last birthday...don't quote me on that though.

After a quick costume change into something that wasn't covered in chocolate, we took the obligatory kid picture. Mason pulled rank and made a hasty edit but here we have Marco, Kira, Maile, Nikos and Brooke. I told Nikos he needed to stand in the middle and showboat like Brooke did at her birthday but I guess he is a little more modest. Obviously takes after his mother.

And after the guests left and Nikos enjoyed a few hours of beauty sleep Nikos opened all of his gifts - fun!

Thanks to everyone who helped us celebrate! Here's a fun photo to end with - amazingly no one got hurt in this picture. I think Nikos was trying to keep up with Katie and is working on his yoga.

4 comments:

Darcy said...

Those cupcakes look professional and are making my mouth water!

D'Angelo Family said...

Love the cupcake pictures! Nikos is so adorable and fun and Brooke is so lucky to have him as her oldest friend!

Kelli said...

Our cats love the kids "anywhere chair", too. It's red and is always covered with fur. I love that you run product in his hair. Maybe I'll try some in Connor's if he'll sit still.

Sarah said...

You go Puddy. Assert your control.