Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Fathers Day!

To continue the Fathers' Day tradition started last year (when Nikos was 15 days old - see photo below) we headed over to Picante for some delicious Mexican food and a pitcher of mojitos.

Taki and I are such pro parents* this year, not only did we NOT spill margarita salt on Nikos' forehead (such a rookie parent move) we even were resourceful enough to find a toy to keep him occupied. 

He chewed contentedly on this drink straw for 15 minutes - I mean, I am totally 90%** sure that I got all the rum out of it...

Taki, thank you for being such a fabulous dad to Nikos.  I couldn't do it without you! Happy Fathers' Day also to Pop-Pop and Papouli - we love you!

* Disclaimer - and by pro parents I mean the type that take Nikos to a nice dinner out in Aruba and forget a bottle. Allegedly. I mean, it really wasn't that difficult to trap milk in a straw and drip about three drops at a time into his mouth (since he hasn't mastered cups or straws yet.) Not stressful at all. Like I said, we are pros.

**Maybe 80-85% sure - I was a little distracted trying to make sure I didn't suck up any mint in my remaining straw. 

6 comments:

D'Angelo Family said...

You kill me!

Bill and Cindy said...

Wow, what I notice is the absence of curls in Niko's hair now that he's no longer in humid Aruba!

Sarah said...

Love the buns in the sand pic!

Sara said...

I love the MacGyver bottle technique!! Ingenious!

Kelli said...

A little rum never hurt anyone. Maybe he was teething and it felt good. That buns in the sand pic looks like a postcard. I love it! I'm sure the bath was fun that night. That's a lot of sand in a lot of little places!

Sarah said...

Note to self: Must invent mojito straw stat.