Tuesday, September 7, 2010

1st Day of Preschool!

This morning was Niko's 1st day of preschool! Normally Taki will continue to drop both kids - Nikos at 8 and then Olive immediately after. For the first day of school I opted to go into work late so I could go with the boys. This morning preschool opened with coffee and pastries at 8:30 so we dropped Olive off at daycare first (opposite direction of preschool of course) and then took Nikos to preschool. He refused the cute outfit I had set out for him and picked out a Buzz and Woody shirt (under sweatshirt.) In the drive over he informed us that he was going to school today "like Brookie."

Showing off his new Toy Story backpack (one of his going away presents from daycare.)



Posing at the door to the preschool.


After a quick burst if tears (which shocked me) he recovered quickly and led us to his classroom.


Opening the door to his classroom.


Looking for his cubby.


Lunch and backpack cubby!


Nap cubby.


Took him 2 seconds to find the trains.


Next up he went upstairs to the loft and "cooked dinner" for me.


After about 5 minutes of exploring Taki and I told him we needed to go to work. He highfived Taki (on the ground floor) and gave me a good hug.


Can't wait to find out all about his day!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone (during Casual Carpool ride to work)

3 comments:

D'Angelo Family said...

Way to go Niko! So grown up - even with Monkey. Will have to inform our preschool about the coffee and pastries deal.

Bill and Cindy said...

Niko looks completely comfortable in his new surroundings. I can't wait to hear about his first day. It was certainly off to a good start!

Sara said...

So cute!! Love that he brought his monkey, too! :)