Sunday, January 31, 2010

Y-M-C-A

On Friday morning the kids and I finally made it up to Kindergym at the Y. They have a great little room filled with fun things for toddlers and we also got to enjoy circle time where we sang the PC Berkeley kids songs. (You know the ones, where the children on the bus laugh AH HA HA and the parents on the bus say I LOVE YOU.) No crying or shushing on the Berkeley bus, that's for sure. Luckily I was already aware of these altered lyrics from swim class, so I didn't embarrass myself by...say...reciting the last part of the Lord's Prayer in the really loudly in a Catholic church. Come on, all you Lutherans know what I am talking about.

Anyway, back to the Y.

Nikos enjoys climbing in the train. "Look mama, I'm in the monorail train."

Yes, monorail train. Lately he's more into the Chuggington cartoon on the Disney channel than Thomas. Shh...don't tell anyone at the Y that I let my kid watch tv. While you're at it don't mention that I'm not breastfeeding my 2.5 year old or implementing the whole family bed thing...they might kick me out of Berkeley.

This is a horrible picture, but was a pretty cool gym toy thing. (What do you call these things? Apparatus?) You catapult your body through those two little cylindrical things that look like they are a part of a carwash and then down a slide. Looked super fun to me.

This class is supposed to be for "Crawlers through 36 months", well, my little Sitter (aka Non-Crawler) seemed to do just fine.

The kids sat on the parachute and we sang Twinkle Twinkle and a few others and towed them around. It was cute. I like how Nikos is paying attention to Olive to make sure she is okay. He kept telling the big kids to be careful because she was a baby. Which was good I think, since the other kids probably assumed she would just CRAWL out of the way, when in fact, not the case. Ha!

Nikos climbing the little jungle gym and Olive...well, you know...sitting.

I didn't get any shots of Nikos in the jumpy house since I was busy hovering on the side making sure he didn't clothesline the little girls that were daintily jumping while he was zooming around like a little cyclone. Mel - you will be happy to know that this time when I wanted to get him out of the jumpy house I did not yell "I'VE GOT RITZ" but instead very calmly said "Do you wanna go to Starbucks for hot chocolate?" You should have seen the look I got from the other Berkeley moms for that one. Ha!

2 comments:

Bill and Cindy said...

Kindergym looks like a lot of fun. Even for Sitters.

P.S. As for the Lord's Prayer in the Catholic church: Lutherans make that mistake ONCE, then forever mumble the last lines not wanting to repeat their faux pas ever again! (Speaking as one of those Lutherans.)

The Roberts Family said...

He he loved the Lord's Prayer comment. And- LOVE O's hair on the pic that Nikos is climbing on the jungle gym! Roosta!