Sunday, December 6, 2009

Why TV is Bad

Taki was off in New Jersey for 4 days for work, Wednesday thru late Saturday night. All things went smoothly at our house until naptime, Saturday afternoon.

Picture this, I've been the sole parent for two little kids for almost four days (how do single parents do it??) and am relaxing while both the kids are napping. I am sprawled out on the couch watching a really fab episode of Private Practice. Olive wakes up and I go get her from her crib. I bring her out to the front room and proceed to change her diaper (a #2) on the large leather ottoman in front of the tv. After I take the dirty one off and put the new one on I momentarily take my hand off O to pause the tivo. At the same moment Olive lets off a kick that sends the dirty diaper careening towards the edge of the ottoman. I lunge forward to grab the offender before it falls on the floor, dumping god-knows-what since I am not that confident that I closed it all the way (what with me being mildly distracted by the fact the Dell's girlfriend Heather - who was supposed to be a recovering addict - blew up the house while she was cooking meth.) As I expend all my energy to stop the stupid diaper from falling onto the ground, what careens over the side? Yes, my darling daughter kicks her feet and launches herself, 16 inches onto the floor - on her head. I'm hysterical, she cries for about 30 seconds until she notices the keys that I am holding and refocuses her attention on those.

Great. I call Kaiser and they advise us to come in to just check things out. I pack up both kids and head over to the clinic where the doctor assures us that Olive is fine. Ahhhhhh. Anyway, here are a few pics I took during our visit. She is 15lbs, 15oz. - On a side note, I checked (of course) and at 9 months Nikos was 15lbs, 6oz. Olive will be 9 months this coming Friday.

I had to include this second one because I feel like the hair on the left side of her head is all Cindy Lou Who. (Note - it is not in a pigtail or anything.) Ha!

So I learned my lesson, no more Private Practice until the kids are in bed.

No comments: