Saturday, December 12, 2009

Shafted

I've heard tales of how the second child has it rough. Less pictures in the baby albums. More hand-me-downs. Blah, blah, blah...isn't life rough? Of course, I've never had to deal with these conundrums (and haven't fully acknowledged their existence) since I am the favorite...er...first child. However, I have now come to realize that they DO, in fact, exist.

Here are some examples that Olive will be able to complain to her therapist to when she gets older.

Passport. When Nikos was 8 months old we got his passport picture in preparation for his 1st Birthday Trip to Aruba - future convict(s) photos below in case you have forgotten.

Since we don't even have any out of the country trips planned in the near-future (we are going to Spring Training in AZ for Olive's 1st Bday), baby O does not have a passport. I think we should get her one just in case, Taki says THERE IS NO JUST IN CASE. I hope the all caps reflect his tone of voice when I suggested that she may need one for a "spur of the moment international trip."

At 7.5 months Nikos sampled his first bite of pizza crust at Gioia (despite his look of anger below, he quite liked it.)

Olive had to wait until 8.5 months to nibble on her first pizza crust and, GASP, it was from Costco. On top of that I didn't even get a picture of it (I was by myself with both kids and the camera was buried under $400+ (??) of Costco goodies.)

The kids' room has pictures of Nikos up in it and the N-I-K-O-S letters on the wall, but no representation for poor Olive. I better resolve this one soon, because the other day Nikos told me that Olive sleeps in his room and that she doesn't really have a room. Nice.
As is only appropriate, I will end my post about how Olive gets the short end of the stick by not posting any pictures of her.

3 comments:

The Roberts Family said...

See, told you! {from the second kid of the family}

Bill and Cindy said...

The sad fact is (from my personal experience at least) no matter how hard you try, the 2nd kid never gets the same number of photos taken, momentos saved, etc. Remember, I am the 2nd kid and I had no excuse! (Sorry, Mel . . .)

Vernie said...

Try being the 3rd kid!