Sunday, December 13, 2009

Santa Meets The Grinch

I was saving this for our Christmas card, because, well, it is pretty priceless. Of course, then I realized I had already semi-let the cat out of the bag with a tweet. So, for your viewing pleasure, Nikos and his first Santa experience of 2009.

Let me set the scene. We are on our way to Boudin's the day before Thanksgiving to pick up the sourdough turkey. As we round the corner we see Santa sitting on the bench outside of Boudin (across from his "house".) Nikos is a little bit wary but he says hi to him and asks him if he knows Shrek. Santa says that he does know Shrek and that they are friends.

Fast forward to after we pick up the turkey at Boudin's and Nikos is super excited to be in the possession of his very own cup of water. Apparently, this water has provided enough liquid courage that he wants to hold a conversation with Santa, opening with a quote from his favorite Shrek character...



Now, this Santa is not only super realistic looking, but he is also a pro. He asks Nikos to come over to take a picture with him and he says "let me hold your cup so your Mommy can take our picture." Genius right, I mean, the pic is so much more of a framer if there is no stupid plastic cup in it. Yup, that action that ruined Niko's good will towards men. Or at least Santa specifically.

2 comments:

Hap and Sue said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hap and Sue said...

Heather, I love this picture of Nikos and Santa! I copied it off of your tweet and am using it for my desktop at work!! It reminds me of my second picture with Santa -- I am screaming bloody murder and trying to get off of his lap and then in my third picture I have a black eye -- so Nikos better watch out next year -- ha ha!!