Friday, November 6, 2009

The Second Coming of the Great Pumpkin

So a bit of a panic this year when I delayed buying the "stuff your kid in it" pumpkin until the last minute. On Halloween eve I drove out to the local pumpkin patch (you know, the ones they throw up in the Target parking lot and add a blow up slide and some jumpy houses) and snagged the largest pumpkin on the lot. I scored four pumpkins for $30 (not bad since I was on the phone with Jennie and she said I would be paying $65 just for the biggie!)

The experience with Olive was a little bit different than the one with Nikos. Whereas he screamed for the first few pictures and then chilled for the rest she pretty much screamed the entire time and the only non-screaming pic I got was with a pacifier stuck in her mouth. Hey, it's a rite of passage.

Olive this year (with some comparison shots of Nikos in 2007.)

1 comment:

Bill and Cindy said...

I want to point out that Olive recovered quickly from her pumpkin torture since it's not apparent in these photos.