Monday, June 22, 2009

Tennis Balls and Beach Balls

A few weeks ago we gathered at my parents' house for my Dad's birthday.

Mel's creative tennis cupcakes (didn't take a picture of my contribution of peach mojitos...)

Mel and I take advantage of the fact that the littlest cousins (minus Olive) still (occasionally) listen to us when we give orders, and arrange a photo shoot.

For Nikos' birthday, Brooke gave him a fun beach ball that acts as a huge sprinkler. We brought it out to Antioch to try it out.

By looking at the box and realizing the purpose of the giant beach ball, Mason and Maile refused to stand next to it when we turned it on. Being the mean mommy that I am, and taking advantage of Nikos being oblivious, I had him hold the ball while Vernie hit the water.

Which, of course, resulted in this as a preferred distance from the ball.

Mason and Maile get a little brave...

In order to get Nikos back into the action I had to take matters into my own hands. Serves me right.

Did I mention it was not the usual Antioch 100 degree summer temps, but maybe around 70?

And finally, Mason gets Nikos to try it again.

Mason is a big subject in our house right now. Most of Niko's clothes are hand-me-downs from Mason so now when I dress him he only wants to wear "Mason's shoes" or "Mason's shirt." Cute.

And somehow I ended up with no pictures of the Birthday Boy. Boo Heather. I know Mel took some so you will have to pop over to her blog to see if she posted them yet.

1 comment:

D'Angelo Family said...

I love Mel's cupcakes! And I know I would like the peach mojitos.